Map/charts for Alberni Inlet ot to Broken Islan Gr

abbyfireguy

Heading up the Alberni Inlet and staying at Kildonan from Sept 5th to 10th...
Never fished that area, but will be with 4 other boats...
Is there some decent marine maps or charts of the Alberni inlet, Barkley Sound and Broken Island groups(that general area) that com in a book format...
Don't have room to spread a huge chart out in the boat..
Thanks a bunch for any info anyone is able to pass along..

There probably is, or try the library , they should have charts to photocopy.

I've fished up there lots,I have only seen a book type chart once years ago it was a piece of ----.I would strongly recomend a GPS with a map chip,even with a chart, it can be very confusing when the fog rolls in especially if you have never fished the area.If not at least a gps that you can put way points into combined with a chart would do.Last time I was there in June it closed in when we were going back to Toquart,I had to sit there for a couple of minutes to think it out,there are so many passages and channels its easy to get confused.[Buy the big chart].DAN

Garry at the lodge will have charts you can look at.
You'll have enough success fishing Pill Point and Diploc - head out of Uchukleshat, turn right, turn right again at Chup point and follow the boats - you'll see them. My dad will be at his cabin next door - just follow the SeaRay out in the morning. Have a look at Google Earth and familarize yourself with the area - Kildonan is on there.

Click mapster 2.2
zoom into area of interest
click add chart
click box and arrow looking icon
choose from chart list in right hand table

What box and arrow looking icon?

very right icon on horizonal row above the map.
It appears after you click add chart.
Sorry, the icon looks more like an arrow facing down on a square which I assume is supposed to look like a map or chart.

Back