Luhr Jensen Duolock Snaps Made Offshore=POS

Dogbreath

I've posted here in the past about my preference for Dulock snaps-last week I made the mistake of buying some Luhr Jensen product well everyone makes mistakes.

It's the same old story as the Coyote spoons they shipped production offshore and the resultant product isn't worth buying-in the case of the Duolocks they changed/shortened the one flange so that it doesn't fit the same and IMNSHO weakens the whole design.

I've tried crimping the flange and it sort of works but I suspect I've weakened the wire.

Went back to the store where I bought these-A&N fishin' boutique-and all the LJ product was like this-pointed it out to the clerk but he wasn't any too interested which is more or less what I expected there's nothing he can do if they give him crappy product to sell.

IMGP3482_zps5f0176ce.jpg

This what a Duolock snap should look like
ECSNAPS-1.jpg

If you should run across some decent scissor/pinch clips please let me know (cant remember proper name)
all the crap now you cant squeeze them like you could the old nickel over brass ones
1314180420-35657100.jpg

We have the USA & the Japanese ones in the McMahon snaps.... most use the number 5... Pat got me onto the snap on the left and Im very happy with them.. :)

Attachments

• 20140625_215906_resized.jpg
    20140625_215906_resized.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 286
We have the USA & the Japanese ones in the McMahon snaps.... most use the number 5... Pat got me onto the snap on the left and Im very happy with them.. :)
yeah Deryk, that one on the right looks like what I'm after, I looked in the store for them and did buy a box but they are the tough ones.
the ones you have there are perfectly rounded as in wire diameter whereas the ones I keep finding have flattened off areas along the sides and are slightly darker nickel colored, the bright ones are the best I think,
I'll stop in again next week and see, pretty sure he said they were usa made,

Last edited by a moderator:
the one in shep. pic is a off shore one.. it is one of 2 manufactures.. Just won't say who's.. :)

I use that clip in your pic, Derby, that is on the left...love 'em.

I believe they are rated 200lbs.......(what it said on box).

Yeah they suck alright. Such a shame that Luhr Jensen products have gone so far downhill. Same as those snaps on the flashers now. Had one break on a hog yesterday

I've gotten the ones on the right (my preference) at PNT in the past... (pacific net and twine)

Back