Lowrance elite 7 hdi cutting out losing trail

My elite 7 hdi is randomly cutting out, like shuts off and restarts itself. When it resets it loses some of the trail I'm on even though it showed them right up to the time of the glitch.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Any ideas for a fix?
Its not the end of the world but a little irritating and when you're dragging bottom its nice to know your depth and everytime it resets I lose depth until it fires up again.

Have you updated to the 4.0 software? I recently did and it seemed to speed up the lag time anyways... try that and call Lowrance if that does not help.

I would take a meter and check voltage at the unit. Had my stereo radio that would fail. Bad connection in the line to the battery. Would only get 7-8 volts at radio.

I have an Elite 5 that did the same. Software update seemed to solve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input everyone. I see that 4.0 update is pretty recent, like a month or two old. Is that something I can do or does it have to go to a dealer?

take out your mapping sd card
use a blank spare sd card 2 gb or less don't use a HC one
and download the lastest upgrade onto that

put in the update tf card and power your unit up
it will auto up date itself
then. your done power off put your map chip back in and you should be good to go ....

Don't be afraid to call Lowrance. I had a new Raymarine that did the exact thing, and they gave me run around for 2 years. I'd returned the chart plotter to them 3 times, and after 2 years they issued a recall and fixed the problem.

Back