lowrance elite 5

Orion

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this unit. I'm looking for a gps unit for my new boat and this one was suggested by the salesmen at my local marine store. If someone has a better option let me know. I like the idea of the fishfinder/gps in one unit because its not a big dash and this would save space. Also it comes with all the charts I need in it, so I don't have to shell out more money for that. Thanks guys

I won one last summer and it's on my tinny... So far so good. I switched my gps unit on my big boat to a different, more expensive, lowrance too and they are both very user friendly. The split screen option on the elite 5 is small but effective and the fish finder is as good as they come. It marks fish and bait easily. It also came with the navionics gold card which is fine. Honestly can't find a thing wrong with the elite 5 unit to tell you.

I just bought one for my Dad. He just turned 70 and I know he would not want something too complicated to use and I think it is very user friendly.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like a good first time unit. Now to see if I can get a good price.

Habour master in nanaimo or outdoor warehouse in nanaimo both put them on sale. We're talkin 150$ off..... Cabela's has the hds 7 on for 799 till tommorrow if you want to spend some cash

The $799 for the HDS 7 is just their regular price $999 with a $200 mail in rebate from Lowrance. That rebate is good until February I believe. There is also other rebates for other lowrance units including the elite 5

Here is the link http://www.lowrance.com/specialoffers/Lowrance-Getaway/?id=&epslanguage=en

I would buy my electronics from Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo if possible...They know more about the product and stand behind it more than any other dealer on the island. And their prices are always the best it seems when it comes to Lowrance.

X3 to Harbour Chandler
My fishing partner just upgraded his unit to the Elite 5. They went over the top in helping him set it up and installing it for him (very nominal fee) including test run to check out the transducer. Fantastic customer service!
I havn't been out with him yet to see it in action but hopefully this week.

Cabelas has the HDS 7 on for $849 and then you can still do the mail in rebate to get another $200 back. Not sure when the sale ends but its still on as of today.

$650 for an HDS7 can't beat that can you? I sure hope not because I just bought one.

Radioworld.ca $949 with transducer and no UPS cross border BS charges. rebate also applies.

I would buy my electronics from Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo if possible...They know more about the product and stand behind it more than any other dealer on the island. And their prices are always the best it seems when it comes to Lowrance.

X2 on buying it from Harbour Chandler, there customer service is truly outstanding!

X3 to Harbour Chandler
My fishing partner just upgraded his unit to the Elite 5. They went over the top in helping him set it up and installing it for him (very nominal fee) including test run to check out the transducer. Fantastic customer service!
I havn't been out with him yet to see it in action but hopefully this week.

X4 on the Harbour Chandler. They are just great folks to deal with period. There customer service is second to none. Great pricing and they have your back when needed. What more could you ask for. If you have a problem just go talk to a human being that will treat you like a human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm convinced I'll call the Harbour Chandler! Is there a particular sales person recomended?

You guys were spot on about the Harbour Chandler! I got a HDS 7 from them. Keep the money local.
I sure hope the wife likes her Christmas present, I'm sure she has gotten over the power saw she got last year!!
She may get a MR2 for her birthday.....she will like that.

Mike, Dane, or Denise are all great as far as electronics go at Harbour Chandler. They are the usuals that you will talk to in the electronics section.

Thanks guys, my wife picked me up an elite 5 sonar/ plotter the other night. Should be here by the end of next week. Kind of an early christmas present. Can't wait to get it installed and try it out. Thanks again for the advice. Dave

Back