Lowrance Auto Pilot - Few things you should know before you shell out your cash.

bugleemup

I recently November (2014) ordered an auto pilot and finally received it this past week. Here is the ****** part....
The auto pilot will not run with the new HDS touch screens or the new Gen 3 until they put out a software update. This is expected in Q2 which is from April to June.
Second ****** part of this new auto pilot is in order for it to work on the Verado it requires an additional install kit for a cool $400.00, not including labour to install, and it's on back order with unknown date expected to be available.

As a consumer and equipping my ride with a HDS 12 and HDS 7 touch screens, radar I am feeling a little disappointed and let down with Lowrance at the minute. I called Lowrance in Oklahoma and they said nothing we can do.

GRRRRRRRRR.

That has been Lowrance MO for some time now - big news release that is waaaay premature of useful delivery - sorry you had to find out the hard way

rc-42, rpu80 and a ac-12 and an evo 2 9" simrad

then your up and running with a more stabil and proven /tested system
it's more money but it work's

just out of my ball park at the moment(price wise but hoping to purchase soon ) also the point one, is still going to be behind on the rc-42
as out on the open Ocean they still recommend install an RC42 as the point one with struggle

talk to Mike perkins formerly at harbour chandler he help you in the right direction......

or just take a buddie along and get him to steer the boat
also helps with the net as well....lol

Back