Lowrance 3G Radar issue

I have a G3 unit. "They" made me get radar....It's been going for a ride on my boat for 3 seasons......never turned it on....It lives in my shed now. I'm a sunshine boater. I would rather put what I can get for it, toward a Seastar hydraulic steering upgrade.

I have a G3 unit. "They" made me get radar....It's been going for a ride on my boat for 3 seasons......never turned it on....It lives in my shed now. I'm a sunshine boater. I would rather put what I can get for it, toward a Seastar hydraulic steering upgrade.
Sent PM

I'm glad I came across this thread. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. I've had my Lowrance 3G since 2018 and last Sunday in the thick fog it decided to stop transmitting. The dome is detected and can power on/off, transmit, standby but nothing on the screen except the little dot in the middle. I took off the dome and verified the unit is turning.

Lowrance Support told me I could try to get it repaired at Stryker Electronics in Port Hardy or they can replace it with a newer Halo unit for $1045 USD but they are back ordered till December. Seems like a good price, but I'm not sure I want to go with Lowrance again.

Last edited:
I'm glad I came across this thread. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. I've had my Lowrance 3G since 2018 and last Sunday in the thick fog it decided to stop transmitting. The dome is detected and can power on/off, transmit, standby but nothing on the screen except the little dot in the middle. I took off the dome and verified the unit is turning.

Lowrance Support told me I could try to get it repaired at Stryker Electronics in Port Hardy or they can replace it with a newer Halo unit for $1045 USD but they are back ordered till December. Seems like a good price, but I'm not sure I want to go with Lowrance again.
Stryker can fix it if it's fixable as Gilbert the radar guy is really good but I can tell you they do not like lowrance. I've known Doug the owner for 40 years and has worked on my furuno stuff forever. I still run furuno ,pricey but worth it in my opinion

What are you going to do with your old unit?

I must have hit a bird or someone sat on mine and the dome and bottom plate are all broken. I now get a alarm that says it's out of alignment. Will work for 30 sec and then shuts off.

Would love to replace the guts into a different dome and see if it works.

What are you going to do with your old unit?

I must have hit a bird or someone sat on mine and the dome and bottom plate are all broken. I now get a alarm that says it's out of alignment. Will work for 30 sec and then shuts off.

Would love to replace the guts into a different dome and see if it works.
Ended up selling it with my old boat sorry. I seen people on Facebook selling units that aren’t working for dome replacement.

Lowrance will trade my broken 3G for a new Halo20 for about 50% off under some 5 yr upgrade program. But I have to wait till Dec because they are back ordered. Same thing they did with my POS HDS7 Carbon. That's one way to keep brand loyalty. Still tempted to go with a Garmin or Furuno.

Back