Looking for suggestions on a welded aluminum 19 - 21 ft

Drewski Canuck

I have looked at alot of brands. Almost all are .160 - .190 for bottom plate with .100 - .120 on the side plating.

I am leaning towards an Alumaweld Stryker or an alumaweld Intruder. I want a walk through windshield with higher freeboard, and a big rear cockpit. I also want it to last as I believe it will be the last boat I buy (need 30 years out of it though!!)

Anybody with experience in welded aluminum hulls? Any leads on a used one? I really want a high rear transom with a motor well, for following seas. Hard t find this combinatino though unless its podded, which makes garage storage hard.

Drewski

+1 on silver streak, mine is a 19 foot hull w/ 2ft pod, and they used 0.25 on the bottm 0.19 sides...solid boats...not many around used, owners seem to hold onto them, or they move quick, but that goes for alot of quality alloys out there.

I have looked at alot of brands. Almost all are .160 - .190 for bottom plate with .100 - .120 on the side plating.

I am leaning towards an Alumaweld Stryker or an alumaweld Intruder. I want a walk through windshield with higher freeboard, and a big rear cockpit. I also want it to last as I believe it will be the last boat I buy (need 30 years out of it though!!)

Anybody with experience in welded aluminum hulls? Any leads on a used one? I really want a high rear transom with a motor well, for following seas. Hard t find this combinatino though unless its podded, which makes garage storage hard.

Drewski

I have a 20ft Alumaweld Intruder (2008) I purchased it from Stevens marine in Tigard Or. I went and made the deal just after the round of US boat shows and got a better deal than was actually advertized. I got the basic package ( no pod, 115 Merc 4 stroke instead of the 150 it really should have, seats six and tons of room) But I did get them to build it with a full height transom wall (same reason as you stated-- didnt want the ocean in the boat when backing onto a hali) 18 degree bottom rise, twin batteries and wired for Scotty riggers and I also got the stainless canopy frame instead of the cheaper aluminum rods, and told them to forget a fancy paint job ($800 extra) I just had them powder coat the interior and decks.

Trailer is a Rogue single axle , surge disks (which the owners of Alumaweld also make) and swing tongue. Trailer is good but the Fulton swing part has cause me a couple of problems. BTW-- The Stryker is noticeably smaller than the Intruder.

Its a good sturdy boat that will last a lifetime. But dont expect that type of boat to be comfortable 20 miles offshore.... (although the 200 litre tank is great to have)
PM me if you have any questions
IMGP2209.jpg

Intruder3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hewescraft,thunder jet,Boulton,fish rite,kingfisher cookie cutter boats
Silver streak, lifetimer, tyler boat, wolf boats, custom boats
These ate just a few.
You can go from mild to wild on the boats form plain to crazy custom.
Hard to beat the bang for the buck then Hewescraft.

At the Home Show in Maple Ridge last year they had a 21' Hewes Searunner w/ the fully enclosed cabin, and a 150 Honda. Home show pricing was 39k. A fricking steal IMO...maybe worth the wait for next years show.

That would be a steal it would be a 20 or 22 with hardtop. They have not made a 21 for a few years. A 20 foot hewes with extended transom and a hardtop will run you close to 45 to 50K so 39 would be a steal. Pretty much all the boats listed above are nice and its easy to get parts because there all made in the Pacific Northwest. I have bought parts directed from Hewescraft and they were awesome to deal with.

I have had 4 welded boats in the last 3 years and going onto my 5th so far the Stabicraft was by far the best boat. But getting parts was a lot tougher.

Back