Looking for some input on value - Twin 115 Johnson Ocean Pro

VanIsle10

Hi All,

Looking for some input on the value of 2000 Twin 115 two stroke Johnson Ocean Pros with stainless props, controls, gauges and dual binnacle controls. The motors were fully serviced in the fall and have a clean bill of health with even compression throughout both motors, etc. The exact engine hours are unknown but are estimated to be around 700hrs on each. They have 25inch shafts as well.

These motors are currently mounted on my Striper 2300, but I am looking to repower soon so I’m trying to get a feel for the value of these motors if any. These motors are both standard rotation so they could be separated and sold individually.

Im also interested in any leads on twins from 115’s to 140’s. I have gotten quotes on twin 115 Yamaha’s, twin 115 Mercs and twin 140 Suzuki’s.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Attachments

• 130F317A-FFA9-440F-81E8-E4ED32F23EE1.jpeg
    130F317A-FFA9-440F-81E8-E4ED32F23EE1.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 65
  • CDD84D57-0075-49A5-BC44-D770FBCB142C.jpeg
    CDD84D57-0075-49A5-BC44-D770FBCB142C.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 65
you will likely get more buyers if sold seperatly, however that leaves you with the guages. I would recommend getting a compression test on paper, that will really set the value of these engines as its often a fairly accurate read of the engines lifespan. If everything is in good order you can likely get 4-7k as a complete package, all dependant on corrosion compression, appearance. sold seperatly you can likely expect 2-3k per engine

Yes sold separately will have better results in most cases, however those are 25inch shaft 115's. In a single engine application where someone would want that HP 99, percent of the time will need 20inch engine shaft length.

VRO still hooked up on those machines?

Thanks for the info, I have the compression test from a mechanic, so that will help verify the condition and the motors appearance is good as well.

That’s a good point about the shaft length for individual applications. The VRO pumps are still hooked up.

Hi All,

Looking for some input on the value of 2000 Twin 115 two stroke Johnson Ocean Pros with stainless props, controls, gauges and dual binnacle controls. The motors were fully serviced in the fall and have a clean bill of health with even compression throughout both motors, etc. The exact engine hours are unknown but are estimated to be around 700hrs on each. They have 25inch shafts as well.

These motors are currently mounted on my Striper 2300, but I am looking to repower soon so I’m trying to get a feel for the value of these motors if any. These motors are both standard rotation so they could be separated and sold individually.

Im also interested in any leads on twins from 115’s to 140’s. I have gotten quotes on twin 115 Yamaha’s, twin 115 Mercs and twin 140 Suzuki’s.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
You have a kicker already. Why not a single 250 hp.

Sounds like you're walking away from Johnson/Evinrude, meaning new controls, gauges and harness for the new motors. Those rigging costs really add up fast, so consider seriously going with single main. Does of course mean some work to do with transom repair/prep, but a prudent boat owner would take advantage of motors being off the transom and do some of that work anyway, even if they were going with twins again.

I've got a 250 etec that I would consider selling. We would have to go 30inch on that. No big deal. Rigging would be plug and play. Might be some re configuration.

Thanks for all the input, I’m still looking at all the options for both twins and singles. Ideally I can get some money out of the old motors to put towards offsetting the new rigging/installing costs.

Ideally I can get some money out of the old motors to put towards offsetting the new rigging/installing costs.
Realistically that's probably the most you could hope for. With Evinrude suddenly ceasing production last year a lot of owners got nervous and put their motors on the market. Unsurprisingly, resale pricing is pretty soft for anything Johnson/Evinrude.

Put a deposit on new power so I’ll list the motors, if there’s no interest I’ll probably sell them to the wholesaler through the dealer. New power goes on at the end of March !

Back