Looking for marine mechanic

oilslick

I know its extremely bad timing to look for a mechanic but I still need to ask if anyone knows of someone that works on engines on the side.
All marine places are book for the next 3 - 4 weeks and I just want to get out and fish.
I have a 1980 - 20' searay with a 485 mercruiser engine, new rebuilt, everything inside is basically redone.
I have a issue with my trim for my leg, it was going up and not down a couple days ago but now it only clicks going up and nothing going down so last night I went and changed both solenoids and now I get clicking up and down but no movement, it did start going down for about a second and now it only clicks.
If any one knows of someone please let me know, I will be pay cash. My boat is stored at Bridgeview marine on River Road Delta.

Thanks

I had a similar issue with my Volvo Penta- replaced the relays on the trip motor and problem solved. Not sure if your Merc would be the same.

Try calling Dave at 604 838 3145. He works near Bridgeview and does mechanic work on the side, best mechanic out there IMOP.

Try cleaning up all the electrical connections going to the trim pump and solenoids, powers, grounds etc. sounds like a corrosion issue and also Check for water in the oil reservoir

Try cleaning up all the electrical connections going to the trim pump and solenoids, powers, grounds etc. sounds like a corrosion issue and also Check for water in the oil reservoir

X2
sounds like a corrosion issue to me also. may not hurt to just clean up the connections going to and from the pump motor solenoids. there may be inline fuses there also. doesn't hurt to check those at the same time. and make sure your battery is fully charged and your getting 12V to the solenoids. and grounds are good and clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back