Looking for Hardtop for Malibu 182.

Beaudog

Hi, I'm looking for a hardtop for my boat, not the factory one that mounts to the windshield but one that has a separate mounting system and that you can stand under, something I can mount rocket launchers and electronics on. The canvas is getting worn out and I'd like to put a fiberglass hardtop on it and then fit the new canvas to that. If anyone has one or knows of one around for sale, I would sure appreciate hearing about it. I would take a complete one with mounting frame etc or just the hardtop itself and I'll make the mount to match.

Thanks everyone.

Here is a thread on the hardtop conversion.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...ow-to-mount-Hard-Top&highlight=malibu+hardtop

I would recommend doing it this way. I have the hardtop it changes the look and function of the boat entirely... I am currently in the process of putting a radar arch on it... So far its been extremely useful.

I will keep eyes for you. You might ask the person who started the thread were they got theirs ..

Thanks for the link, but as I mentioned in the first post; I am not looking to convert to a factory style hardtop. I want to put on a full stand-up style hardtop with an aluminum superstructure more like what is on larger sports-fishers.

If I could find one of the original hardtops it might work to modify to create the actual top itself and then I could build the supports to fit.

Back