Looking for good Guiding Service WCVI - Business Trip

Fishin'Zinn

Just wondering if I could get a few ideas on here from some people more knowledgeable then myself! On WCVI fishing/guiding services, as personally I have only fished over there a few times! (And never guided!) :)

Looking to do a weekend guided fishing trip (1.5 days, nothing major), for up to 10 people for a business trip (for good clients! - Lucky them) Planning around the second week of September, so here's hoping there will still be fish then (I am sure). Just basically need a good locale where we can get a good (I am thinking two) boats, guiding service, accommodation for two nights, and hopefully some good fishing by then (because it's not so great at the moment)! Thinking Tofino, Ukee, or Port Ren. But open to all ideas. I am also sure quite a few people are booked, so this is late notice, but I have to try nonetheless!

Appreciate the help in advance, thanks.

PS - I did search and I have some names, but I am more concerned about accessibility/accommodations, full package really!

I did a trip out of Renfrew with Trailheads and they are top notch. lodging with hot tubs and boats and gear were as good as it gets. Lunches made and all. I would recommend them anytime...all the time. Here is a pic of our one day trip. 28 fish in total. We didn't want to go for salmon as we had our share down here.

trailhead.jpg

Harrisons cove lodge.. Pick ya up in ukee

I have fished Renfrew for 20 years and it may not be the best location to send good customers. The seas are ocassionally rough with rollers and fog is the norm. It is a good place to fish but if these guys plan on a few brews, they can plan on puking.

Moutcha Bay Resort in Nootka do an awesome job. Nice rooms. Great guys in the guide boats. Good food. Also pretty flexible options if you hit bad weather. May be tuff to find 10 spots, but you never know. The girls at the booking desk are helpful. Plus they have 2 other lodges owned by their group.....Nootka and Esperanza.

Marina West in Tofino (formerly Weigh West). They have full fishing packages with hotel, food and some of the best guides in Tofino. Also try Fishtofino here on the site, Shawn Hilliar keeps his boat there and also would be a great fit. Tofino is a great option as fishing is still very strong in september, weather is fantastic and the town is full of excellent restaurants and shops for guys to explore. Best of luck on your trip where ever you choose.

Marina West in Tofino (formerly Weigh West). They have full fishing packages with hotel, food and some of the best guides in Tofino. Also try Fishtofino here on the site, Shawn Hilliar keeps his boat there and also would be a great fit. Tofino is a great option as fishing is still very strong in september, weather is fantastic and the town is full of excellent restaurants and shops for guys to explore. Best of luck on your trip where ever you choose.
X2 on this info.

Sooke, great September fishing, no open ocean swells, newer accommodations and close to other activities in Victoria. You will get great fishing and have more money left in your wallet after the fishing. Getting the boats arranged for mid-September is not a problem. Pm me if you wants more details and prices

Back