looking for an easy 2 use chart plotter

S

scottyboy

what make do you guys think are the simplest chart plotter gps ? should i get a combo sounder gps ? i havn`t heard much good about combo set ups ! what do you think?

tight lines

I'm running a Standard Horizon CP180i as my main plotter,with a Garmin76csx handheld as a backup,both dash mounted...
Both are simple easy to use units,

I'm thinking that if you are like most,
its "ON", zoom in, zoom out,maybe save a waypoint and "OFF" for 99.9% normal use, so any unit whatever the make you decide,
there are so many out there in all price points, good luck....

computer system ;)

nroutwe.jpg

i know a guy running the new garmin system/combo, all touch screen and he loves it. it was a very good penny though.

img3937n.jpg

I used to think the same thing about combo units - til I got one of my own.

Yes, there is always the possiblity of total failure of an all-in-one unit, but the fact that everything works together as one and takes up so little dash space is a big bonus. As well, you can get a larger screen if you only have one on the dash.

After having my third Lowrance unit, I quite like them. I like the Navionics maps that they use better than any other type I have seen.

A good unit will help you catch fish and avoid losing cannonballs on reefs (won't prevent, but they help greatly!).

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

On my previous boat I had a Lowrance combo , it was a great unit no problems. I'm thinking of putting one at my 2nd steering station, on my current boat.

On my previous boat I had a Lowrance combo , it was a great unit no problems. I'm thinking of putting one at my 2nd steering station, on my current boat.

I have a new Lowrance Hd for my plotter/gps and use it for a spare sounder. I have a stand alone Furuno 585 as my principal fish finder/sounder. My previous Lowrance combo's both crapped out leaving me with no electronics, thus why I have the stand alone main sounder. The comb's are space savers when they work and a real pain in the butt and pocket book when they don't!!!

it doesn't get easier than the garmin units for user friendly. A young kid can figure the very few buttons out easily.

I moved up to the HDS-8 and couldn't be happier. Amazing product.

Back