Looking for a welder

fish brain

Crew Member
Hi Yall,
My Lincoln AC225 is starting to pack it in. It looks like it's time to upgrade the old machine. I'm thinking I am looking for a multi process unit. Most of my welding is fixing my broken farm equipment, building gates, and farm trailers. There has been many times when I have wanted to glue some aluminum together, but the old AC225 just won't do it. I know I want MIG capacity on the new rig and my son has started building bike frames as hobby with a local bike builder, so TIG capacity would be useful for him. I am considering a Miller 215 or a Lincoln 210. Both are on sale right now at KMS tools
Two questions
Am I on the right track here?
Does anyone here have something similar they are thinking of selling soon?

I have a 211 and it’s a great machine. Similar to the 215 but no tig option. I’ve got the spoolmate 150 gun for welding aluminum and stainless.

I have a miller 141 as well with a spoolmate 100 gun if you are interested in buying that. It’s a 120v machine though so might not be enough for you.

I also have a 211 and love it but for the same price almost with the sale on you can get the 215 I'd definitely recommend it. I bought a separate tig machine and wish I would have gotten a mig/tig/stick combo instead looking back. Love the Miller's!

I would say that the above machines are capable of hobby stuff no question. My opinion is they are better for welding steel then aluminum. Reason I say that is because the smaller miller spool gun will only spool .35 wire. Aluminum takes alot of power to weld properly. The 30 amp miller spool gun is lights out with .45 wire. It's not even a comparison. However if you just need it to weld aluminum once and a while or a small project, the machines above will definitely do the trick.my 2 cents.

I went to the 251 and the 252s and will never look back.

Last edited:
I have a 211 and it’s a great machine. Similar to the 215 but no tig option. I’ve got the spoolmate 150 gun for welding aluminum and stainless.

I have a miller 141 as well with a spoolmate 100 gun if you are interested in buying that. It’s a 120v machine though so might not be enough for you.
Thanks for the offer. I have small 120v mig machine that I use for thin metal as my Lincoln AC225 doesn't like light gauge metal.

I agree with Ship........you might find yourself wanting to upgrade again.

I went with the MM255 and 30a spool gun to play with the Pulsed MIG (350P was way out of my budget) and couldn't be happier but I have my old square wave 255 for the tig work I need to do.

FYI there is a great deal on a 252/30A on market place right now, same $$ as what you will pay for the smaller machine new

Last edited:
My 252 is the last machine I will ever buy. Such a good machine. Doesn't do pulse,but it will literally do anything. It's a Cadillac of a welder. Basically just a 251 with a digital control. Which is actually really nice when toggling between different materials and thicknesses. Honestly the 252 improved my welding by at least 30 percent.

I purchased a tig about a year ago to learn. I grabbed of of those Canaweld machines. It does DC and AC. Honestly it's a really nice little inverter machine. Great support with the company as well. Think with the pedal and some extras it set me back 2500 bucks. Not bad. No complaints

You guys are killing me. I was hoping to spend about $2500. Is upgrading to the 252/255 really worth the extra 2 grand? I would like to be a 30% better welder.

I agree with Ship........you might find yourself wanting to upgrade again.

I went with the MM255 and 30a spool gun to play with the Pulsed MIG (350P was way out of my budget) and couldn't be happier but I have my old square wave 255 for the tig work I need to do.

FYI there is a great deal on a 252/30A on market place right now, same $$ as what you will pay for the smaller machine new
is this the one in Saanich?

Hi Yall,
My Lincoln AC225 is starting to pack it in. It looks like it's time to upgrade the old machine. I'm thinking I am looking for a multi process unit. Most of my welding is fixing my broken farm equipment, building gates, and farm trailers. There has been many times when I have wanted to glue some aluminum together, but the old AC225 just won't do it. I know I want MIG capacity on the new rig and my son has started building bike frames as hobby with a local bike builder, so TIG capacity would be useful for him. I am considering a Miller 215 or a Lincoln 210. Both are on sale right now at KMS tools
Two questions
Am I on the right track here?
Does anyone here have something similar they are thinking of selling soon?

I would get the 215. Don't blow tons of money for a welder being used occasionally.

I have a 211 in my shop and use it daily. I dont use it as a hobby. The 215 will do everything you want. Your not doing structural welding or building boats.

My buddy uses a 215 and it has heavy use making product he sells. Good welder.

Your easily 5k and up for what's being suggested here.

Have you ever looked into Everlast welders (https://www.everlastwelders.ca) I was skeptical at first , but have since purchased 4 different machines from them and haven't been disappointed in any of them, plus the price point is right, all most half the cost to something comparable in a miller or Lincon, Pm me if you would want some more info or would like to come check them out (Victoria area)

Good luck

is this the one in Saanich?
Ad says chilliwack…252/30a $4750
Looks fairly new?
Not sure how to do a link but just search Miller welder on market place it was still up a few minutes ago?
Don’t know that it will improve your welding by anything but it will improve/expand your options
I had the same setup a few years ago ( actually sold to a member on this forum) and it was a real power house.
The 255 is the same thing in essence just a inverter machine that adds the option of pulse

This guy doesn't look shady and look at his other items for sale. 800 bucks 252

This guy doesn't look shady and look at his other items for sale. 800 bucks 252
I messaged him about 6 pm. No word yet

Ad says chilliwack…252/30a $4750
Looks fairly new?
Not sure how to do a link but just search Miller welder on market place it was still up a few minutes ago?
Don’t know that it will improve your welding by anything but it will improve/expand your options
I had the same setup a few years ago ( actually sold to a member on this forum) and it was a real power house.
The 255 is the same thing in essence just a inverter machine that adds the option of pulse
Chilliwack is a bit far for me to go. I'm on the rock

I purchased a Miller Miller Multimatic 220 ac/dc. The 215 is lift arc/scratch start tig and only does DC, so no aluminium without a spool gun. Also the 215 doesn’t come with a pedal if I recall, you have to buy the tig kit separately. The 220 is a true multiprocess machine, comes with the tig torch, pedal, some tig consumables ect. Fantastic machine.

My 252 is the last machine I will ever buy. Such a good machine. Doesn't do pulse,but it will literally do anything. It's a Cadillac of a welder. Basically just a 251 with a digital control. Which is actually really nice when toggling between different materials and thicknesses. Honestly the 252 improved my welding by at least 30 percent.

I purchased a tig about a year ago to learn. I grabbed of of those Canaweld machines. It does DC and AC. Honestly it's a really nice little inverter machine. Great support with the company as well. Think with the pedal and some extras it set me back 2500 bucks. Not bad. No complaints
I also have a canadaweld , dc stick, tig Great little machine, but dc only so no aluminum

I purchased a Miller Miller Multimatic 220 ac/dc. The 215 is lift arc/scratch start tig and only does DC, so no aluminium without a spool gun. Also the 215 doesn’t come with a pedal if I recall, you have to buy the tig kit separately. The 220 is a true multiprocess machine, comes with the tig torch, pedal, some tig consumables ect. Fantastic machine.

I am looking at the 220 right now as a MIG backup welder to my 211 actually at work, and also set up for aluminum/spool gun, and TIG for really thin metals etc. With everything extra (cart/spool gun and extra bottles) it is easily over 5k. closer really to 6k. Might pull trigger soon.

The one in Victoria didn't work out, so I pulled the trigger on this today. It should do everything I need to do.
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

PowerMTS 251Si - OVERSTOCK SALE​

warranty1.png

251si.png

Download Manual
In stock
Special Price CA$1,925.00 Regular Price CA$2,225.00
Multi Process: MIG/TIG/Stick
Qty

Skip to the end of the images gallery

Skip to the beginning of the images gallery

Details

The compact PowerMTS 251Si is one of the fourth generation of digitally controlled multi-process inverter welders from Everlast. Taking our customers' feedback into consideration from previous models, the all new PowerMTS 251SI is designed to be as versatile as ever with not only standard DC MIG, TIG and Stick welding capability but also with Synergic MIG, Pulse MIG, and Pulse TIG welding modes. This welder is a leader in the compact multi-process welder class as both pulse MIG and pulse TIG features are not available from any other manufacturer. Additionally, the PowerMTS 251Si offers one more distinctive feature: it allows to the operator to choose from a touchless, high frequency start or a lift start in TIG mode. The stick mode offers more adjustability than ever with the addition of hot start intensity and hot start duration controls.
There are no complicated menus to navigate, no touch screens to press and no complicated hidden features which are difficult to access. All controls, including burn back are now located on the panel face right where you can get to them and are grouped according to function, with an easy to understand format. All connections are right on the front of the panel. This includes the connection for the TIG torch which includes the gas connection with a gas solenoid control over pre and post flow. Everlast was one of the first to offer a compact fully featured inverter MTS unit in the North American market.
As you've come to expect from Everlast, the PowerMTS 251Si arrives almost ready to weld. It comes with not only the MIG and Stick torch, cables, and regulator it also comes with the TIG package which includes a torch, foot pedal and starter kit of consumables (tungsten not included)...something that costs extra in units offered from the competition. You'll only need to supply the shielding gas, tungsten, and the welding wire/filler metal/welding rods to be up and running. As well, this unit is now water cooler compatible (2019 04 24).

Back