Looking For A Boat

S

shmat

Hello Everyone:
Best of the season to everyone,I'm on the lookout for a 14 to 16 foot center console boat prefer alum, but will look at F.G. as well.
Boat, Motor, and Trailer...

My neighbour has a 15 ft welded Sillver Streak for sale. Has a trailer, 90 hp Yami motor, honda 9 kicker. Great west coast boat. Not sure how much you want to spend. I think he wants around $14 000.00 for it. It is a older boat.

Howdy,

Seasons Greetings Shmat...

If you are looking for a decent/safe combo salt-chuck/lake boat that you can still trailer, I'd encourage you to look for something in the 18-foot or bigger class.

It won't be long - after getting sh#^-kicked by the big water out there - that you'll be wishin' you had a bigger/safer boat.

If it's a budget issue, I'd hold on till I could afford to move up.

What is your budget and preference for power - outboard or sterndrive?

Lots of advice on this site. I only post early in the A.M. each day.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Terry

Hi there,
I just might have something you may be interested in:
It's a 19' "Sea-Nymph" made by OMC. Aluminum, centre console, very beamy and very deep. 150hp Evinrude, runs great. Kicker bracket, lockable storage, dual batteries, brand new sounder, downrigger mounts and wired for electrics, rod & net holders, bilge, anchor, lines etc.
Pacific galvanized trailer with bunks. New: winch, tires, axle stubs, bearings with buddies.
She handles big water very nicely and is VERY fast.
pm me for pictures or more details.
Thanks.

quote:If you are looking for a decent/safe combo salt-chuck/lake boat that you can still trailer, I'd encourage you to look for something in the 18-foot or bigger class.

It won't be long - after getting sh#^-kicked by the big water out there - that you'll be wishin' you had a bigger/safer boat.

That is good advice if you are fishing on the chuck. I wish I had had it before I bought my first boat. Ihad bought a 15 foot aluminum with a 50 hp on it and had it for just one year before I knew it was not enough. It ended up costing me a bit of money when I moved up to what I should have bought in the first place.

If you do get aluminum for out here, make sure you get one designed for the use. Riveted just doesn't cut it with the constant pounding.

Anyone looking for a good boat I just bought a new one this fall and am looking to sell my old one...a 1995 Bayliner (19.5 foot, model #1952).

This has been a great boat for me but I wanted something bigger now that my 3 kids are teenagers. This has been an excellent fishing boat for me...caught lots of big ones from Sidney to Renfrew to Nootka. 4 cylinder engine is unbeleivable on gas but still has lots of power (top end of 45 mph and can pull 2 waterskiers). One owner, spent most of its life stored indoors....fresh water cooled engine, easy to tow, galvanized trailer .ready to fish. Looking for 11,500

Back