Looking for 16-18ft Double Eagle or Hourston

ratherbefishing

Hi All,
Looking for a 16-18ft Double Eagle/Hourston/similar in good condition without power. Trailer is not necessary but if in good shape will also entertain. My 16ft KMV is just not enough for the kid even tho it is decked for fishing. Not looking at spending much $$ but I am sure someone has or knows of one sitting in someones backyard.
Cheers
RBF

Try Sewells Marine in West van. They rotate their fleet every few years. 17 1/2 ft Hourstons. They will most likely try to sell you a combo, but if they have one with a blown engine-- you might get somewhere.

Cheers CL. I will give them a call but suspect that it is the wrong time of year for them to be off loading and that they want more than I think they are worth. Hoping someone has one in their backyard they want rid of - or their neighbor has one they want to see gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a 17 1/2 hardtop with a volvo 230 inboard that was running but now is not, I'm thinking it's a fuel issue but???
Comes with a nice Shorelander trailer with surge brakes, 2 scotty electrics, black box (never needed it though) old depthsounder, vhf, 8hp evinrude kicker, spare parts motor.
Needs upholstery re-done.

was going to sell it all for $2,000. I'm thinking the trailer alone is worth around $1,000 and the electrics $500, kicker $400.

IMG_1235.jpg

17ft-Hourston005.jpg

17ft-Hourston001.jpg

17ft-Hourston007.jpg

Hi All,
Looking for a 16-18ft Double Eagle/Hourston/similar in good condition without power. Trailer is not necessary but if in good shape will also entertain. My 16ft KMV is just not enough for the kid even tho it is decked for fishing. Not looking at spending much $$ but I am sure someone has or knows of one sitting in someones backyard.
Cheers
RBF

have 96 hourston 17 ft complete with radar arch ready to fish ,99 /50 merc/9.9 honda ,loads of extras ,great on gas ,very low hours ,used in summer months only[$7000]

I've got a 17 1/2 hardtop with a volvo 230 inboard that was running but now is not, I'm thinking it's a fuel issue but???
Comes with a nice Shorelander trailer with surge brakes, 2 scotty electrics, black box (never needed it though) old depthsounder, vhf, 8hp evinrude kicker, spare parts motor.
Needs upholstery re-done.

was going to sell it all for $2,000. I'm thinking the trailer alone is worth around $1,000 and the electrics $500, kicker $400.

IMG_1235.jpg

17ft-Hourston005.jpg

17ft-Hourston001.jpg

17ft-Hourston007.jpg
Just curious what year is this boat
I got one resently, but can’t nail down exact year
Thanks

Have a friend selling his 17.5 ft podded K&C that's a runner. Has an older V4 evinrude that was professionally rebuilt several years ago. Run like a watch. Not the prettiest boat but it a fishing machine. Has a lowrance hds5, bow tank, 2 day tanks, non feedback steering, trailer is galvanized, has a custom bow roller. The boat has a nice size deck for its size and the tunnels are high. Think he wants 3 grand but I'm sure if the offer was not insulting he would take it. He's owned it for a long time. PM me if interested and I'll shoot you his number

Have a friend selling his 17.5 ft podded K&C that's a runner. Has an older V4 evinrude that was professionally rebuilt several years ago. Run like a watch. Not the prettiest boat but it a fishing machine. Has a lowrance hds5, bow tank, 2 day tanks, non feedback steering, trailer is galvanized, has a custom bow roller. The boat has a nice size deck for its size and the tunnels are high. Think he wants 3 grand but I'm sure if the offer was not insulting he would take it. He's owned it for a long time. PM me if interested and I'll shoot you his number
Thanks I already have a boat the same as @2muchdraft had, just wanted to know what year his boat was

Wow, this is a thread that I started 10 years ago! FYI, I am no longer looking for a boat (ha!) and think I am two boats pas the Double Eagle. Cheers
Haha Ya I know this is a 10 yrs old thread
Was fishing for info from @2muchdraft on what year his boat was
As I got the same boat a little while back, but don't have accurate info on exact year on mine
Been getting conflicting info from other sources

Back