local nanaimo lakes?

Getting pretty quiet with all of the warm weather and local ski-doo's getting up and running. The odd one coming from divers and long.. Westwood was a complete let down this year.. First time I have seen schools of 3 to 4" bass schooling like herring.. Not good for any natural spawning-dirty

Like I say, westwood was a complete let down. Have not been on Brannen, but I would imagine the ski traffic will gettin outta hand soon enough. Best to try it first thing in the morning-dirty

West wood was good for me! Green is another good quiet lake to fish.Let me know if you need Directions or a partner.

Divers was once a productive lk. in the early season.. Took numerous fish in the 1 to 3 lb class. A few up around four pnds. There are few sunken mine shafts that run underneath the lake.. Only stood to reason why it put a few hogs out every year. As far as I know the weeds have taken over in some of the more productive areas. As well as the stocking of sterile fish. Took a 18" coho juv. in there one year. Even verified it with P.B.S. They said it was probably landlocked due to the beavers that damn the crk. that flows to the millstone riv. Give it a shot-dirty

Haven't tried divers but its to close to the hwy for me too.Going to give long a try this weekend and see whats shaken on the far side.Then maybe over to green for the next trip.

PS> How do you get to barsby lake.Also anyone heard of lost lake up off rutherford rd?

Long lake is good. We were out yesterday and caught 2 fish and had countless bites.

Back