LML Salty Pub Night.

TheBigGuy

Hey guys.

We're trying to get an end of season Pub night going for the Salty guys near Vancouver. Anyone on board for a Salty get together in Vancouver? A Saturday in Nov would probably be best for most guys.

Updated Info:
Location, Date & Time

OK, so the voting is over and the poll is now closed. The most popular bar chosen for the get together is "The Local" in Kits (across from Kits Beach).

- Time: 3PM

http://www.localpubliceatery.com/

Let's get as many guys as possible confirmed before then, the more the merrier. Should be fun, looking forward to meeting a bunch of the Salty guys from the forums.

Who's up for a Salty Pub night ?

Cheers.
cheers1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in unless I'm working-any place works except for the Flying Beaver.

Carl Z
I'm the same, prefer downtown as its close to work. Any day but Thursday (hockey night). Looking forward to meeting all of you Krusty old salties.

Cheers

I could do it, if I'm in town - which means a Saturday works best. The Local on Kits beach is convenient for me and a few boardmembers I know.

I could do it, if I'm in town - which means a Saturday works best. The Local on Kits beach is convenient for me and a few boardmembers I know.

Definitely will be a Saturday, everyone pretty well agrees on that.

The Local on Kits beach seems to have a fair number of guys in favour of. The old Stamps Landing Pub that is now called the "Wicklow" was also mentioned by a few guys. A couple of things in the Wicklow's favour, on the water and a short walk to the skytrain.

The more guys the better.

Who's good for a Sat Nov 5 pub night. The weekend before that the pubs will be super busy because of Halloween parties. Nov 5th would give us lots of time to get guys together, without battling heavy crowds so we can get seating for a group.

Oct 8th weekend a lot of guys will have family commitments because it's the Thanksgiving long weekend. I guess the 15th & 22nd of Oct work too. I just figured the more advance notice we give the more guys will turn out.

Who's OK with Nov 5th.

If Nov 5th isn't good for you does the 22nd of Oct sound better.

Feedback guys, we need to fix a date.

I am fine with nov 5. Near granville isl would be good. Possibly get moorage overnite. Huricanne Grill also is another good place.

Sounds like a good time. Bring it on!

Eastpoint

Im in just let me know I can make all those dates,sounds like a good time i like the name The Pirates club sounds like a bunch of old salties swaping stories rrrrrrrrrrr

Tight lines
Billydoo

works for me. scheduled to be in town

If its Nov 5th, I'm out :( - (50th birthday and wife wants to go out for dinner)

Oct 22 is good for me.

BTW I think seniority in this forum should count Hehhehheh

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wicklow is definitely a nice spot, being as it's right on the water at the marina. Although, I haven't been there for a few years.

Most of the guys who have responded seem OK with the Nov 5th date. Unless a bunch of new guys post that the 5th of Nov is no good, we'll probably settle on the 5th.

I'll put together a list of locations that guys like and the top vote getter from participants will be the party spot.

OK we'll call the Pub Night on Nov 5th.

Pm me if you can't make the 5th and still want to get together with a few others on another date.

I just opened a poll over on the "other" fishing forum where most of the mainland guys frequent. The poll will decide where in Vancouver the Pub night will be held. I'm sure most of the guys that would be going know where to go to vote. If you don't know PM me and I will send you a link. You can vote only once, and the poll is open for a week.

Giddyup.

Warm up for Nov 5th.

The main gathering for the Pub Night is set for Nov 5th. The leader in the poll on where to hold it is "The Local" at Kits Beach. The poll will be closing soon, so get your vote in.

The guys who couldn't make it on Nov 5th are getting together for a few beers this Saturday. If you feel like joining in, meet up at 3:30 at the Shark Cub on Oct 8th downtown. There's only a few guys meeting up at this point, but the more the merrier. Let me know if you're interested in joining in this Saturday.

Cheers
cheers1.gif

Back