Line for Alberni Inlet

abbyfireguy

Heading up to Alberni Inlet on the 5th...
Mostly fish the Fraser, but got an offer I can't refuse next week with 4 other boats...

What line do most of you use for fishing the west coast for salmon( I have the hali rods and line covered)...
I will be going half old school, with two mint peetz reels and also take two level winds ..
I would assume mono in a 30 lb rating is usual or what do you think...
I currently have 50 lb yellow tuff-line on the level winds for river fishing but that will come off quickly to put the right stuff on with the power winder....
Thanks for any thoughts or advice you care to share..

Abbyfireguy, 25 pound Maxima main line with 40 pound Maxima leader, just like Slabby20 stated.:D Striper Sniper

Abbyfireguy, 25 pound Maxima main line with 40 pound Maxima leader, just like Slabby20 stated.:D Striper Sniper

I use Maxima Chameleon for my main line, much stiffer and more abrasion resistant than Ultragreen. Then 40lbs Ultragreen for leader.

I use Maxima Chameleon for my main line, much stiffer and more abrasion resistant than Ultragreen. Then 40lbs Ultragreen for leader.

You'll have a blast with the Peetz reels HOWEVER, do not use monofilament on them (call Peetz if you don't believe me). The elasticity of mono can and will warp the drum (I've done it myself).
I use braided 80 pound line on the Peetz since it is thick enough to engage the Scotty release clips easily.
Roo.

Back