Life Jackets Mandatory?

you know , we can spend all kinds of money on fishing gear, boat gear, ect. why not on an inflateble pfd and wear it. you go over and in minutes your are shocked and cold, don't know which end is up. You think you can swim but that initial shock!!!, buy the time the boat gets back to you , you are in tough shape, I know have fished 2 guys out and in less than 5 mins. they could not help them selves, jackets would have helped a lot. do your self and your family a favour amd put it on. MANDATORY, MAYBE JDR:):)

I think the responsibility lies with the operator,if the conditions dictate higher risk,common sense should apply.IMHO

sounds good halilogger, but common sense doesn't seem that common anymore. its like wearing a brain bucket on a motorcycle , sucks but it saves lives usually young lives.

When everything becomes mandatory then we have successfully allowed the state to graduate to a dictatorship.

AL

Hey Beemer, are those lives really worth saving? Just thinning out the gene pool by keeping them around.[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

IMG_1445.jpg

Under most circumstances I would say it is natuaral selection at work , but I know myself ,and many guys on this board, thought they were indestructible when they were 18. I know I did a lot of stupid risky things , did I deserve to die? Some would say yes , I know my wife wishes it had happened. [:eek:)]
Aound 150 to 200 people die a year from boating accidents most from drowning under the age of 25 in small boats. I think a basic rule of mandatory pfds for people in boats under 6 metres would solve a lot of problems and still leave everyone with a lot of freedom as well.

beemer www.C-TowVictoria.com

Get rid of the BOOZE and the problem will all but go away.The percentages range from 80%-90% (much like vehicles) The rest will dive straight into Darwins book of statistics. I would bet the farm that if you could get rid of the boozers on the water you would save more lives than making another law but then again those that believe laws are good for sheeple won't feel warm and fuzzy.

Again Beemer you can make the laws but you can't make people obey them. It is sad but when a mishap occurs they become the statistics.

IMG_1445.jpg

I know the guy that fell off the Grady last year at Dent Rapids, wished he had a life jacket on. I was fishing at Hall Pt at the time, when the hail came over the VHF. I never did hear any details on the circumstances behind it, I don't think they ever did find his body.

Back