Let’s see your towing rig!

Here's my new machine, '23 F350 with the 6.7 PowerStroke High Output.

Looking for the right boat to tow with 'er (and right house to keep it at)... For now it's only pulling my old 16' - back from the dead - riveted aluminium... soon though... soon...

View attachment 95816
How is your DEF coming consumption? I'm getting around 3000km per tank with my bigfoot camper in the back...even less when I hook onto the boat. Seems to really drink it.

How is your DEF coming consumption? I'm getting around 3000km per tank with my bigfoot camper in the back...even less when I hook onto the boat. Seems to really drink it.
I have 3000KM on it and at 43% DEF remain. l It's like that boat isn't even there when I tow though.

What's your fuel consumption been like? Are you a running 6.7 HO too?

I have 3000KM on it and at 43% DEF remain. l It's like that boat isn't even there when I tow though.

What's your fuel consumption been like? Are you a running 6.7 HO too?
Yes HO but in a F450 so worse economy...towed my 22 Grady with the bigfoot in the box for a total of 21000lbs combined too nootka sound. Got around 25 liter per 100km.

Did an interior trip that was a bit lighter and got 22 liter per 100km.

For reference the 450 is at 2000 rpm.at 100km...and it doesn't hesitate going that speed or faster.

Duallies on the 450 and heavier frame/suspension will add some fuel consumption no doubt, shouldn't be a big difference though. Mine has been averaging around 15l/100km unloaded, 35s on it though. And yeah, it's right up to 100km/hr +++ really quick, like it's nothing. 1200 lbs/ft and 500 HP will do that...

my old rig
F1gdyd1nnMC1ndwrX9R8GTcDZ6Kwmirlk-okZjhu3U_jEEqUMjCaBUO8bZKZK9vtr-7oBR2q0Y0=w2560-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-k-c0xffffffff-no-nd-rj

Duallies on the 450 and heavier frame/suspension will add some fuel consumption no doubt, shouldn't be a big difference though. Mine has been averaging around 15l/100km unloaded, 35s on it though. And yeah, it's right up to 100km/hr +++ really quick, like it's nothing. 1200 lbs/ft and 500 HP will do that...
The 4.30 diff gears are a huge difference compared the 3.31 or 3.55 in the SRW diesels.also the Truck empty weighs 9000lbs. But it's a monster, incredible hauling the camper/boat combo.

The 4.30 diff gears are a huge difference compared the 3.31 or 3.55 in the SRW diesels.also the Truck empty weighs 9000lbs. But it's a monster, incredible hauling the camper/boat combo.
3.55 on mine. No doubt your machine is a towing beast!

My truck comes in at 8000 lbs. 4000 on the payload... could have been a little better, I didn't option mine to the max - no ultimate pkg, but I got a few functional options that I thought made sense...

My original rig was a 2013 RAM 3500 that I had for the last 10 years shown pulling my old Striper. Great truck and no real issues other than the usual Dodge front end not liking the real cold winters and pot holed roads in the north. It had low KM's when I traded it. I don't really need the 3500 until I get closer to my retirement, so I went back to a 1/2 ton. Great truck and it only needs to move the boat to the launch in the Spring and out at the end of summer. It pulls fine and has the brake package and actually squats less than I expected. However it really just reaffirms my stance on people that will pull the boat because the specs say it can. There is no way I would be dragging this boat across the province and feel good about it....lol Both have the Laramie trim that is nice and yes I know they are both white! lol I put a 3.5" Ready Lift on the new rig and some Real tires (TOYO) on and it rides much nicer. It was far too soft before in my opinion.

Attachments

• Tow3.jpg
    Tow3.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Tow1.jpg
    Tow1.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Ram3500.jpg
    Ram3500.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
Finally have a photo to show off the "rig":
towingrig.jpg