Leh is out!

After 3 years of no tags for our group of 6 we got 5 tags, we'll be putting a couple tags back into the draw so a at least few guys will not be on reduced odds next year. Finally going moose hunting again!

Not the way it works.
You simply cannot put a couple tags back in.

And BCRob, yes, the bowhunt is always on!!

Cheers,
Nog

Is that how it works? LEH allows you to shoot any bull, whereas over the counter is limited to certain antler config?
There is more to it than that and it varies by region and sub-region of the province as well as time of season restrictions. The LEH makes it easier for any bull though.

Our group got 2 shared moose hunts so that’s 4 tags for us, only problem is the region we hunt is still 2/10/ tripalm. You would think with controlling the amount of animals being harvested they could drop the antler restriction.oh well we still have a chance

I thought for group hunts you only get to take one animal for the entire group. First member to take the animal ends the "group hunt".

I thought for group hunts you only get to take one animal for the entire group. First member to take the animal ends the "group hunt".
No if 2 guys put in you get 1 draw
if 3 or 4 guys put in you get 2 draws... we had 3 so we get 2 draws

I got a Doe draw for Quadra Island. Never tried for deer on that island, is there a lot of opportunity out there? Or is it an ask for permission to a private land owner to remove the garden pest? Any feed back would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, no Elk at MU 1-3, been doing this draw for more than 10 years.However, I got a Doe draw for Quadra Island. Never tried for deer on that island, is there a lot of opportunity out there? Or is it an ask for permission to a private land owner to remove the garden pest? Any feed back would be much appreciated.
A ton of deer on quadra. North side of the island a lot of logging roads and even some nice timber for a walk. You won’t have any problem finding something there.

A ton of deer on quadra. North side of the island a lot of logging roads and even some nice timber for a walk. You won’t have any problem finding something there.
Thanks for the intel tannerc! ;)

Re Hunting on Quadra - I drew a tag a few years back - went over there 3 times - nada and virtually no sign in the areas we hunted. Apparently lots of wolves on the North end. Lots of deer around the homes on the South end though.

Re Hunting on Quadra - I drew a tag a few years back - went over there 3 times - nada and virtually no sign in the areas we hunted. Apparently lots of wolves on the North end. Lots of deer around the homes on the South end though.
Thanks for the info, was thinking of putting an ad in the local Quadra paper or bulliten to see if there is any private property that I can get permission to legally deal with their garden pest. Or if there is anyone that sees this and can get back to me.

Back