Lead melting party!!!

Im down. Lets set a day.

Lorne

We need to get alot of folks with some good usable lead together. I would be willing to put in my time as a volunteer for say the barbeque etc. Everyone needs to read the second post about etiquette etc. and what to bring .

So what day works for folks that have good lead that need to get some stuff poured?

What molds do you have? How much good lead to you have?

Sounds like Lorne is hosting it ha ha. He say's he's down with it. We can come up with burners not problem. Extra bbq's etc. I would expect it to be sooner than later as the season is started.

Pipe jig's?, sinkers?, I have access to a 12 lb. cannon ball mold.

Last edited by a moderator:

PM Sent...sculpin..

I would entertain hosting it, It wouldnt be at my house but i got a few places that would make a good spot. I have a pricate spot i have access to that is right off the oyster river, that i think could work great. I have a pot obviously lol. And i have a 15lb mold and 1 lb mold on order. Owen has quite a few molds but i havent mentioned it to him. I have about 60lbs of lead to be melted. With this being my busiest time for work, and spring bear that needs to be killed. June is the best time for me, but im willing to talk about dates.

I would like to do something, like if you dont have any lead to bring but want to come and pruchase some good lead at a cheap price, BS and a few wobblies, all the proceeds go to Alexandra mortons group. I have 15 lbers im already going to sell for that very cause Im just throwing out ideas

hahahahaha always is!!

So lets get serious,

Who would be interested in something like this?

Get a few burners and pots together, Some food, some drinks,

Everyone who has lead gets it melted for free with a small donation to The sacred salmon cause. We could pour all kinds of hali weights and various different size Cannon balls, any balls i sell or anyone who want to join me proceeds go to The sacred Salmon cause.

Fundraiser/drinker/inexpensive tackle get together

Lorne

Will only B there if anyone brings a 15lb mold, PS have accumulated 200lbs+ of clean lead
& if ya don't knock my bad spell'n as I talk.........lol

For the Sacred Salmon cause I will volunteer moral support / refreshment co-ordinator and safety person.
Timing willing and all.

I'm in but have no lead.
I would buy some 15's with a donation to Alex if possible.
Could bring propane.
GLG

I am in the lower mainland and most likely could not attend, BUT I've offered the use of my molds to John (Sculpin) if this all comes together...I'm sure if you ask him kindly upon the start of the lead party, you can get some use of the molds during the event...

These would be my personal molds, I do not use them for commercial purposes but I am happy to supply them so that other fellow anglers can save a few bucks, and recycle the old lead they have sitting around collecting dust.

I need nothing in return, other than the molds returned to John in the condition you received them in during the lead melt.....(that would be MINT condition)...

Molders would need to supply their own brass eyes as I only have a personal stock for myself...

The Mold list is as follows:

1. 15 LB downrigger mold with rounded fin and 2 brass eyes
2. 2.0 LB cannonball (halibut)
3. 1.5 LB cannonball (hali)
4. 12oz - 1.0 LB cannonball (cod)
5. 2oz, 4oz, 6oz, 8oz (cutplug) Bettys
6. 1.5oz, 2.5oz, 3.5oz, 4.5oz Bettys

This list pretty much covers ALL the saltwater lead you need...including betty molds for riverbouncing sockeye/springs..

Happy to contribute to the cause...here's to getting the lead balls rolling!

*Cheers!

-Nick-FB

Sorry Lorne-- I will contribute some other way-- but I just realized hollow pencil lead that has been under water for who knows how long, is not a good candidate for resmelting.

This is awesome fellas! I am currently cinching up a venue, and getting things organized. I am currently thinking the first saturday in June.

Thank you to all have responded offering, molds, bruners, booze supervisors. Everyone needs a role!
Looks like we have a few burners, Lots of molds, and the lead. I would like to run a barb-q at the same time, So if you cant bring lead, and just want to pick up some wieghts, bring some food to cook! If you are interested but not sure how to contribute, post up in here or send me a pm.

Lorne

Back