Langford Lake Fish Kill????

Karma-Kazi

Just wondering if anyone else had info on this. I heard from a guy that fished Langford 2 weeks ago that the fish were floating belly up all over the lake. And the new aerator is not working?

Can anyone confirm this?

-KK

I havent been at langford for a while, but when I was there was nothing happening at all. I have been skunked the last 3 times I have been there, and all the guys i talked to at those 3 trips were also skunked. I really like langford lake, but the fishing has gotten terrible since the new aerator was installed

kunni

That aerator is not even 1.5 years old. Maybe they shut it down for the winter since water starts to flow in from the rain and will start it up soon for the summer.

Could be that the recent stockies were let into a caustic environment. There's a **** load of road construction just up the hill not to mention Westhill's with the geothermal experiment and Kettle Creek just around the corner. Maybe the ones that make it will all end up 9lbs....

Im not sure but the last 2 times ive fished it I havent seen a rise or caught a fish. Maybe they were all just sleeping or somthing. Anyone who goes fishing there and gets a fish let me know!

-KK

fished langford lake today,lots of action down deep and dead slow.gang trolls ,trout killers etc.The aerator has been turned off for the winter and in my opinion the fishing has improved since the new aerator went in.I am there every weekend when possible and it has been slow but there are fish and no sign of dead ones

anything of size? were you using down riggers
kunni

fished langford lake today,lots of action down deep and dead slow.gang trolls ,trout killers etc.The aerator has been turned off for the winter and in my opinion the fishing has improved since the new aerator went in.I am there every weekend when possible and it has been slow but there are fish and no sign of dead ones

Great news and congrats on the fish. I was certain is it were true I would have heard it on here first.

-KK

I was at langford today for about 5 hours, lots of chironomids hatching, but I only managed 2 small fish, on chironomids.

kunni

very nice, great picture, theres some big fish coming out of langford. I talked to another guy, and he had a 4lber about a week ago.

kunni

Great job! Solid fish. You must be a God to get her to lay there like the for a pic. I dont even attempt a pic like that if shes going back. Congrats. Now i gotta go get her as a 5.5 pounder in a couple weeks!

-KK

Of course I consider myself as a god, doesn't everybody? Lol, after the 10-15 minute fight she was well rested. Took the quick pic and revived her, swam away strong.

She looks perfect. Not a scale out of place! Thats what I love about fly fishing. I never feel as if I am harming a fish. Somtimes with gear you cant help but hook a fish deep or have it bleeding when it gets to the boat. Flys are in the lip 99% of the time.

How deep was the water you were anchored in? I havent fish chironomids in langford. Still learning the ins and outs of it. Tried them yesterday for 2 hours without a hit. Switched to a micro leech and got into 25 fish the next 2 hours. Weird eh?

Do you use a depth sounder? If you dont want to answer all this on the open forum PM me or we could just go for a fish.

-KK

wow kk 25 in april!!! fished that lake my whole life never had a day like that!!! congrats

Sorry should have made it more clear. I wasent at Langford when I had that day I was at a tiny little pond catching 10-12" panfrys.

I still have yet to try chironomids in Langford.

-KK

Back