Langara Island

stones93

I am heading up this weekend and can't wait. Numbers of salmon have been good this year but average size and number of Tyee's is WAAY up this year. Langara Island Lodge just announce a 77lb'er caught yesterday! 2 more sleeps.....

Yup hearing the same thing. Big fish this year. Was told of 4 over 50 in recent days and also this tank from Langara. Good luck to you!

No need to riggers up there! there are still more than enough fish around, and plenty of unguided guests with no experience are able to go out and find fish. riggers shouldn't be in those waters...

Westcoast uses riggers up there but Langara and OBMG just on weights. As with most places, fish seem to come in waves. When I was up earlier in June (June 15), we were hammering them. Average size was about 20, but I've never seen so much action. A fair amount of Coho and Chum around up there in June too. Never seen them so early there.

Here's a pic of the 77.1 lber. Dimensions were 49" long, 35.5" girth (was a C&R). Also reports of a pod of killer whales taking out a humpback just off the most popular fishing point up at Langara. Would have been quite something to witness.

proxy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggest salmon I ever caught (commercial trolling) was at Langara--don't know how big it was exactly but it maxed the scale we had on board our freezer troller at 65 lbs. handbombing that puppy in once we got it to the surface was a trip.
T2

I'm off to langara lodge tomorrow morning and I understand they just fish cut plugs. Is there any thing else out there I can pick up today to bring up there. Gear wise. To maybe switch things up. Plugging not my favorite. Use to running riggers
Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

dont bother with any other gear. My buddies and I have tried everything up there and by far the best is the cut plug herring. One trick that works up there is to use a blue dye or a blue brine and brite on the herring. Seems to have been 15-20% better for me than naked. Several guides use this now. It isn't really the coleor per se' but the added shine and it firms the scales real well.
Dont outhink yourself, the fishing up there has been spectacular this year!

Have fun and good luck.

thanx guys.leave in 8 hours getting psyched.great photos stones. I blue my chovies when i run them down here

Back