lake cowichan

In the 1940's and 1950's , there were a couple by the name of Al and Mary MacPhee who fished trout from a rowboat using herring strip !! they quite often hit trout of the 8 to 15 lbs range ,there are still some taken to that size but as to 26lbs ...!!!... I agree with Wolf sounds like a lost chinook and poor recognition by the person, in-laws still live at the Lake and I have not heard of anything gargantuan taken in the last 10 years or so.

AL

it was a 17 pound brown that i was talking about, i have also never heard of a 26 pounder.

Your right wetbeaver. It was a 17lb brown trout that was caught in the lake and actually I think it was more like 3 years ago at most.

Went to the lake yesterday. Holy Moly thr roads are a mess and the water looks like the tubidity from Vancouvers water supply has emtied into the lake. Caught a couple nice cuts of the shore by Wardroper. The telus guys had a chainsaw pinched in a tree about 30ft up. it started raining about 4:30. Saw a herd of Elk which is always a bonus, 21 I could see and a few stayed back in the brush.

Went to the lake yesterday. Holy Moly thr roads are a mess and the water looks like the tubidity from Vancouvers water supply has emtied into the lake. Caught a couple nice cuts of the shore by Wardroper. The telus guys had a chainsaw pinched in a tree about 30ft up. it started raining about 4:30. Saw a herd of Elk which is always a bonus, 21 I could see and a few stayed back in the brush.

Last time I was at Sproat, went for swim and got a bad case of the itch! Great place to keep the Martin Mars though!:D

Last time I was at Sproat, went for swim and got a bad case of the itch! Great place to keep the Martin Mars though!:D

Back