kootenay lakes

F

fishon

Hi. Is there anyone on this forum from the kootenays that fishes any of the large lakes. Kootenay, Arrow etc. Having any luck lately?

Fished out of Shelter Bay (Arrows) weekend before last - water temp at 37.5 degrees F - two fish in boat on medium purple/black apex with one oz. weight - trolled between 2.5 to 2.8 mph. Slower seemed better. Fish pretty sluggish until they saw the boat. This was a pretty slow day as an aquaintence had 10 to the boat - largest at 13 lbs.

Wow great report. Thanks.
I am still exploring Kootenay lake since moving here. Only boating bull trout. Apparently we need to speed up.

Wow great report. Thanks.
I am still exploring Kootenay lake since moving here. Only boating bull trout. Apparently we need to speed up.

Hi Eric. Any size to those bulls. Where are you fishing out of? Check the link to my web page, might help to solve youre rainbow dilema. Fishon

Nah, the biggest were maybe 4-6lbs.
I will check out your site for any help. We generally drive from Castlegar and launch near the ferry dock.
We've also been trying the Columbia river too, near Birchbank or south near Ft Sheppard. So far just little guys.

I have heard of a few big dollies- up to 19lb, being landed in the grey creek area, haven't seen any of these though. Rainbows seem a little slow but should be picking up soon. I have never fished the columbia for rainbows, but hear it is very good. Spring fly fishing especially. Have fished walleye there in july & august, that is quite good & lots of fun. Fishon.

Back