Kingfisher 2525 fueling

tubber

I just spent 3 days on the 2018 or 19 version.
All was good but when the skipper was refuelling, he seemed to have a hell of a time putting the nozzle at just the right depth and angle and feathering it to avoid fuel blowing back out.
Fill cap is on the back of the port transom and mounted vertically.
Venting issue? Put the crew in the bow when refuelling?
An anticipated tuna trip seems sketchy if they can't use the extra gas cans easily.
Any suggestions I can pass to my friend?

For what it’s worth I had issues fueling my Campion at the fuel dock, always got a burp at the start and sometimes it simply was a pain to get the fuel started. I started taking a small hose and blowing into my vent line because it seemed gas was accumulating in it and there was no way to get out the small flat spot/ dip. I recently moved the boat and have been using Jerry cans and have had no issues. I suspect that the smaller siphon hose and lower flow rate allows the venting to work better.
might be worth trying to fuel from a jerry can when alongside it might be no problem. Good luck.

get this and all your problems will be sorted out, its available at granville island fuel dock :

I think so too. I was on the exact same boat for 3 days and it filled no problem, other than the owner not latching the cap correctly and dumping 10 gallons or so on the ramp.
I had a pinched vent line in a previous boat and it did the exact same thing

Back