kingcome

alumaman

Has anyone travelled into kingcome inlet? I am going to try some different trips this summer and am interested in getting there by boat.

Thanks

What type of info are you looking for??

I was in there last fall by boat and them flew the whole area this winter/spring.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

just general info, how far from port mcneil, what to watch out for anywhere to get out of the weather. I will be taking my own boat.

Thanks

If the weather is good, 2 hours or so will be an easy cruise.

Just like Knights, there is easterly outflows in the afternoon, so running in the morning is usually better.

Once you are in the inlet, there is very little to hide in if the weather turns nasty. You can tuck into Wakeman and go up to the dock there at the log dump.

Kingcome has no facilities to tie up to. If your boat is small enough, you can run up to the dryland sort and tie up there, but there is no dock, just the log dump. We did it in a 24" boat.

There is a couple resorts near the mouth that you can use, but depending on the time of year, they can either be closed or very busy.

A few other places to check out is Dury Inlet, Mackenzie Sound and a couple others. They are just north of Kingcome/Wakeman.

There is not much to do in those two inlets, as all logging operations are finished and the reserve in KIngcome is up the river.

Beautiful place though!!!

Hope this helps

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

They do but unless you have a bike, it is a long walk up to the river to fish from where you can park your boat. Plus the Kingcome FSR is washed out at about 4 k.

The Wakeman is also a bit of a walk. If you had bike it would be a lot easier.

One last thing, depending on when you go, the rivers are big on flooding, so watch out for that as well.

And MR grizz will be out and about feeding as well.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Back