King Tide

I went down to French Creek Marina before work today and saw the awesome King Tide. it was a 16.9' high tide! I've lived here for a while, and can"t recall seeing a tide this big. i t ook a few pictures I thought were interesting. check them out!

Western Star

entrance.jpg

gangway.jpg

dry grid.jpg

bay.jpg

Great pics!

I was @ Porteau Cove in Howe Sound today and the boat launches were buried under logs someone has a helluva big job ahead of them.

Huge rafts of driftwood up 'n down the sound not a safe place for boating for a while.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Can you just imagine the mayhem this will create in the Alberni Canal!! Yikes. It will be worse than driving around IED's in Afghanistan.

Cool Pics! Big tides and strong winds have made the last week pretty brutal on the water.Got pounded all the way down from the central coast... Tomorrows southeast and Cape Mudge should make for a nice final day before Christmas break.... :rolleyes:

yup,, had to walk uphill to the boat yesterday,,, and pull the neighbours float back.. and ramp was in the drink!!

It was coupled with a pretty good storm surge in Vancouver, had flooding in the lower reaches of the north arm downstream of McDonald Beach.

Back