Kicker Motor Tie Bar on a Trophy 2002

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey guy's this is for all you trophy owners out there. I want to have a tie bar going from my main outboard to my kicker motor. I want to have a front mounted bar but when I look at the space infront of the main and how I would have to bend the rod around corners to get the kicker it seem it's not possible. Have any of you made a tie bar for this application if so could you post some pictures? I want to avoid a back engine tie bar as it seems it woud be a pain to install and remove aswell as dangerous to put on out in the water.

If back is the only option , for what's its worth I never disconnected the tie bar on my old trophy. Get an ez steer rod set your position and then drill a hole and use a pin to hold it in place. Pull the pin when finished trolling and leave the rest hooked up.

another method i used on my brother's boat was we had a ss pipe welded to a plate which was bolted to the top of the engine cowlings on both the main outboard 115 yam and the kicker 9.9 HT thus the ez -steer fitting popped in the air line fitting (one with a male thread) pipe has internal pipe thread in it to match the taper thread

easy to take off and no leaning right out off the back and down

here ive posted before easy to fab up

Attachments

• halibut 2007 040.jpg
    halibut 2007 040.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,938
its not that easy on a trophy the big motor sits in a engine well and the kicker is way off the stern , I wish it was that easy

i had a trophy and what i did was drill through the plastic just below and beside the release lever at the back, 1/4 inch stainless stud,backed with a bronze and rubber washer on the inside and out. threaded on the air fitting (male).. the kicker ,i used a factory made bracket that wrapped around the leg of the kicker. the offset was high enough and out of the water,, i thinks with a transom type hull , going off the back is your only option.

Have the same boat and a few times almost went over trying to connect the ez steer. The kicker was on a lift up bracket.
Thought my safety was more important so had a pod installed. I can now stand on the pod to remove or install the ez steer. I now attach the ez steer when I leave the dock and remove when back at the dock. Still a bit of a pain but safer and also the only solution I have found

/fishon

Cost more money but save up and get the panther remote steer. Great unit. Or just always invite a buddy out and make him sit back there.

Take a pic for me and i can see what idea I come up with ive done about 10 boats now and have some good ideas send it to my e-mail, along with your number and ill phone you.ok

Back