kayakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
on one of the streams i fish there is a gated off access to a gravel road going down a steep decline for 250 metres to the river. it is supposedly private land but the kayakers have a key to the gate and park their campers vans beside the river. when ive asked the kayakers why i cant have a key and they say cause i dont have to carry a boat. not only this "kayaker organization" has butchered trails along the river side easily walked by old people that used to be a slightly un noticeable trail made from steelheaders footprints of the 80`s and 90`s... and somehow it is ok for them to put guidelines going across the river to hang slalom posts off of. who can i contact to get some answers about this capitalist bull. i dont want my frustration with them get to me drowning one

IMG]

Are you just too lazy to walk a measly 5 minutes-because that's all it takes to walk 250 meters-tops. :D

As to trails if it's private land it's none of your business is it?

Have they introduced substances deleterious to fish habitat by hanging ribbons from trees?

isnt there some kind of easement for trails and what about the guidelines there must laws against putting a hundred ropes across the river 5 feet off low level flow height. and the land is part of the hydro plant i think its private... encon or something ...

Young steelheader,,your f-cked if you do and your f-cked if you dont on this forum because of these members that just want to try to point the finger and belittle anyone that cares....[B)]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

See what I mean....[:p]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Some people just rub everyone the wrong way online. Hooteys a good example.Im still unsure if he really believes what he posts or is entertaining himself.I mean really "these members that just want to try to point the finger and belittle anyone that cares....". This coming from the guy that can only post "go to gords fly and tackle to solve everything" or throws up pics of released fish with fingers in their gills.Sorry if it come across as a personal attack but i think enough is enough.

i see what your saying, best bet is to find out who the property owner is and ask them for access to the key, and hootey, i know i am new to this forum, but are you always negative? i have looked through alot of your posts and from what i can tell you just come on here to *****, if you wanna give people advice fine, but dont come on and whine.

you guys really got to get laid more or go fishing more or something because we live i the best place in the world and all u guys do is argue. when i post a question and u dont have any kind of a fishing themed reply than dont post it

IMG]

All you anonymous heros that are afraid to post your mug shows just how much of a coward you really are, the only way you help is to point fingers and argue ,,,true that....why not be a real hero and post your real face or please introduce your self to me as I have my mug out there and can be found pretty much everywhere here on the cowichan or interior island rivers,,,,if not please knock off the yellow journalism.

Unknown if your posted mug n all then good on you , I dont have a problem with any one who puts his mug out there and his opinion, its the anonymous one who call people out in ink and dont have the stones to man up.

Ha ha Hootey they know where they can find you a special little tackle store maybe Gords hahahahah

True that,,,,,:D

Just what would I do in the morning, while having a coffee, if we didn't have all of this blubbering, name calling and who's who.. I would be fricken lost.. Keep it up boys:D-dirty

p.s.-Hootey just likes to look at the pictures;)

True enough!!!

So youngsteelheader, it seems that you thread has been hijacked.....

Is this river navigable by craft other than kayak? If the ropes across the water would be a danger for others in a larger craft, like a drift boat, then they aren't allowed under the Navigable Waters Protection Act. If you think that it's a liability to others, contact the Coast Guard because it's their jurisdiction.

As for the trails and access, etc - that is a murky grey area that would need a bit of research as to ownership, agreements with kayak clubs, etc....I'll leave that one for the lawyers.
.S

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

I have to admit that I look forward to this thread. Man are you guys entertaining!

BTW Hootey, most of the guys you are dealing with here online have in fact posted a picture or two. Actually more than a few that I can think of. I could probably point out many of the regulars on this board.

I don't think anyone is hiding. These are a bunch of hunters and fisher for #$%^ sakes. Your not the only brute lurking.

Be nice..........

OK....[^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back