Just ordered a Stabicraft 2050 Super Cab with 150HP Yamaha Outboard.

Should be, I think the dealer needs about 3 days for rigging a boat, depending on the electronics package it could take more, so we should get ours the following week, 28th to the 30th August. What is significant about Sept. 1st?
Local Chinook opportunities open September 1st

OK got it, probably won't be ready to drop lines in the water right away but I may need to get on a buddies boat, I love Chinook Salmon.

It's going to be great. I saw one in Haida Gwaii last year. A little bigger, 2250...but looks solid. Can't wait to see some pics...

Dropped by the dealer today to drop off the trailer plate and figure out the final bill, will pick the boat up on Friday.

Motors are all finished, they did a water test and said it's all ready to go.
IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5219.JPG

Finally got the boat home tonight after waiting 10 months for this day.

I had my two son's with me and my 19 year old drove the truck home with the boat, he did well.

We will get the electronics fitted in the next few days and take care of a few minor mods to boat.

After washing the boat, I noticed two sections in the Gunnels that didn't have drain holes so I took care of those already and I want to move the Yamaha Gauges as they mounted them very close together, with the bezels almost touching.
I'll see how much I can move them to get a better aesthetic layout, I'm a bit fussy with things like that.

Here's a picture of the boat arriving home as my son parked it in front of the house.

IMG_5310.JPG

That was good timing, the boat arrives home on a Friday afternoon and I had a few days without much booked, so I was able to spend quite a bit of time to go over the boat, plan out the electronics install and tackle a few minor adjustments to the setup of the boat.

I got the Yamaha Gauges moved, managed to get about 3/8" between the bezels, which looks a bit better.

As they were from the dealer.

IMG_5314.JPG

After the modification

IMG_5315.JPG

I installed the Garmin Chart Plotter and the Garmin Radio, I relocated the 12VDC socket and USB Charging Ports so I would have the Radio closer to me while driving, still need to finish the wiring.

IMG_5327.JPG

Next I was determining if the boat will fit in my shop with the Radar mounted directly on the roof. (shop doors are 10' tall, 118" clearance)

Here is the Radar Dome just sitting on the roof of the boat, I have determined that it will fit if I lower the tow ball/hitch set to to about 17-18".

IMG_5319.JPG

I've read that the Radar will work best if it's raised a bit from the roof and it also suggests that the GPS Puck shouldn't be in the same plane as the Radar, so I've investigated options to mount the Radar on a Seaview Mount and install a hinged plate or figure out some sort of removable base so I can still get into my shop for storage.

51OLNComy9L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Seaview actually make a hinged base, but it's crazy money and I'm not 100% certain it would give me enough clearance when folded forward.

I will do some CAD (Cardboard Aided Design) to figure out whether it will work or not.

Here is the boat in the shop, it was a very tight fit, I had to tie the guide poles together to fit in as they were too wide at the top, I'll adjust them in about 3" each to gain about 6" which should be enough.

IMG_5321.JPG

As I'm pretty new to backing up a trailer, it took me quite a lot of goes to get it in the door, I have been looking at getting an electric dolly to assist with getting it in and out of the workshop, there are cars parked in front of the other doors so it's a bit tight for a novice.

They range in price from about $200 on Amazon.ca to about $2,000 for the Canadian made PARKIT-360-5K, I'll probably pull the trigger on the Parkit-360.

Today I spent a bit of time adjusting the boat on the trailer, the bunks were not aligned with the trailer so I made the adjustments to get it sitting straight on the trailer, I'm not sure if it was the dealer that didn't get it straight or just how the trailer came, but I could see the boat was not sitting right when I got it home.

I figured when they loaded it after the water test it didn't land straight but after taking a few measurements I realized the bunks were not installed parallel to each other and the trailer.

When it started raining yesterday the water was accumulating in the front of the cabin on the Starboard side, it was still hooked up to the truck so I made the decision to move it to the shop, I took my time and used the method, "hand at the bottom of the steering wheel" to make it go where it wanted to, there was no pressure and nobody watching, (except my wife watching from the house) so I was able to take my time and use it as a learning experience.

I would love to know what the tongue weight is, it should be about 300 - 350lbs, and I don't have a scale that goes that high so I'll need to figure something out.

More to come soon.

David.

Last edited:
tongue weight scales are available on Amazon and are an excellent tool for making towing safer. I am pretty sure you will be moving the boat back to get to your target of 300-350 lbs. tongue weight. I think around 10% of trailer gross is a reasonable target to put on the tow vehicle. With a little practice you will be in and out of the garage with no problems, the powered dolly will just hinder the skill development.

tongue weight scales are available on Amazon and are an excellent tool for making towing safer. I am pretty sure you will be moving the boat back to get to your target of 300-350 lbs. tongue weight. I think around 10% of trailer gross is a reasonable target to put on the tow vehicle. With a little practice you will be in and out of the garage with no problems, the powered dolly will just hinder the skill development.
Hey thanks for responding, I checked my scale we use for weighing luggage before trips and that one was able to measure to 200KG's.
So I laid a piece of 3/4" plywood on the scale to protect it, jacked up the hitch and then lowered the jockey wheel onto the scale, 164 KG's or 362lbs, so a little heavy by about 25-30 lbs, I'll try moving the boat back 2-3" to start and see if that makes a difference.

I did pull the trigger on the Parkit360 electric dolly, it will give me a lot of peace of mind when coming home from a day out on the water and it will help the marriage if not my reversing skills.

I still have the boat ramp to hone my skills, so I'll be out practicing before I need to perform in public.;)

Hey thanks for responding, I checked my scale we use for weighing luggage before trips and that one was able to measure to 200KG's.
So I laid a piece of 3/4" plywood on the scale to protect it, jacked up the hitch and then lowered the jockey wheel onto the scale, 164 KG's or 362lbs, so a little heavy by about 25-30 lbs, I'll try moving the boat back 2-3" to start and see if that makes a difference.

I did pull the trigger on the Parkit360 electric dolly, it will give me a lot of peace of mind when coming home from a day out on the water and it will help the marriage if not my reversing skills.

I still have the boat ramp to hone my skills, so I'll be out practicing before I need to perform in public.;)

Did you see this one on Facebook market place? Might be able to save a few bucks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906-224757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906-224757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 23
Back