Jugs and plugs got me thinking

Ugly Betty

I use these large Kwick fish for big lake trout. So why not for salmon. It's a cross between a plug and a jug head. What do you guys think. I know it's unconventional.image.jpg

I used a 16 size LED kwikfish as a dummy attractor last year.. I'm pretty sure IT got bit a couple times, so this year I am going to try it as the lure

Lots of guys wrap them in herring strip or even bacon lol

They use those down in the states like Dogbreath said.....

They tie on a strip of herring to the belly as well....there's videos on the net on how to do that.....

very common lure in big rivers for springs, as others said its common to wrap them with a bait strip. That being said, they also use giant spin n glows with a gob of a roe in the river, but I don't think you're going to catch much with Roe in the chuck.

Its worth a shot for sure, but maybe ditch the trebles and put a big single on the back - might save some baby coho's life.

Caught some Coho on the Kwik Fish last year. Did not try them for springs tho' - Picked a couple up in the States last spring, they have some very fishy color patterns, but not sure how strong those eyes are that the hooks are attached to.

Caught some Coho on the Kwik Fish last year. Did not try them for springs tho' - Picked a couple up in the States last spring, they have some very fishy color patterns, but not sure how strong those eyes are that the hooks are attached to.

That is a #16 kwikfish. It caught a 24 pound laker the other year!

Wonder how those big Kwikkies would fish with the front hook and eye taken completely off and a single Siwash on a barrel swivel at the back......?

Back