Jugheads, do they work?

What I remember from your review is u catching a bunch of coho with them,but I might be wrong.when I go fishing I don't count coho as catching fish only springs because coho are too easy

Normally I don't get involved in crap like this on the forum, but I have to call BS on this one. Nice Highjack and redirection Skippy!!

Now let me clarify some facts for you all.... I took a bunch of Jugheads with me up to Rivers Inlet and then did a review on them last August when I returned. I bought them myself, AJ didn't ask me to do it, I just reviewed it because it worked so well up there, I even gave them all away to the guides when I left because they asked if they could have a few. Go back and read the review if you need too.

We caught over 100 fish on the Jughead in and around Rivers Inlet in just over 12 hours over 3 days. We caught Coho and Springs on them and they worked great, and yes I know the fish are way more aggressive up there but it doesn't change the fact they worked fantastic with Hoochies, herring and anchovies. Not to mention they out fished all other lures badly.

Now I have also fished them in our local water in Howe Sound/Vancouver/Richmond and they have performed OK, but not as well as they did up at Rivers Inlet. Fish down here are a bit more picky, but I found Herring or Anchovies work OK on the Jughead here.

Albernifisher.... you said "Fishnazi, I'm not bashing anybody, just asking peoples opinions on them before I buy them. I do know how hard it is to bring out a lure cause I've been working on one for the last 2 years" .....

Well competition in the industry is always there, and if you have a lure, teaser head or anything else you've invented and don't think that there's going to be some other guy coming out with something similar sooner or later, then your dreaming.

But this kind of public backhanded BS is a joke, so is your Thank you to Skipjack on this thread when he complimented your lure, 18-22 fish in a weekend.....OK let me know when you beat 105 fish in 12 hours.

FN

Wow!!! is all I can say. Comparing Rivers in prime time (I'm assuming you only go up there during prime time and don't waste your time during the off season) to general everyday fishing is pretty weak man. Stop bashing albernifisher for a legit thread and stop being an unauthorized spokesperson for the product and maybe, just maybe someone will listen. With posts like yours and Fish ****'s I'm giving away my FREE Jughead's lol. Tone it down boyzzzz!!!

105 fish in 12 hours. How about 75 fish in 5 hours 4 years ago off of Ukee without the Jughead????

Point being numbers don't impress people.

Wow!!! is all I can say. Comparing Rivers in prime time (I'm assuming you only go up there during prime time and don't waste your time during the off season) to general everyday fishing is pretty weak man. Stop bashing albernifisher for a legit thread and stop being an unauthorized spokesperson for the product and maybe, just maybe someone will listen. With posts like yours and Fish ****'s I'm giving away my FREE Jughead's lol. Tone it down boyzzzz!!!

105 fish in 12 hours. How about 75 fish in 5 hours 4 years ago off of Ukee without the Jughead????

Point being numbers don't impress people.

Sculpin, It's not about the number's??, and what does it matter when I go to Rivers. It was an example...just like yours in UKE, and it was from experience using them.

I'm not bashing Albernifisher, or anyone else, I'm calling him and Skippy on their comments, they're there in black and white.....big difference!! Not to mention I wasn't the only one calling them on it.

AS far as being a spokesman, I was sharing my opinion and experience of the product, which was the topic of the thread and what he asked for, and isn't that what this forum is for!!

And one final point on numbers not impressing......Have you guided? Did you tell your customers that numbers don't matter? Numbers matter and size matters, don't fool yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop bashing albernifisher for a legit thread and stop being an unauthorized spokesperson for the product and maybe, just maybe someone will listen. With posts like yours and Fish ****'s I'm giving away my FREE Jughead's lol. Tone it down boyzzzz!!!

um...isn't alberniefisher being an unauthorized spokesperson for the other product?
Sculpin you seem to have an opinion for Everything and Everyone on Everything. Look at your posts...1000's of them. where do you find the time? why don't you tone it down and stop adding fuel to this.

and...if its a legit thread then post about your experience with the lure and that's it. you jumped in protecting your buddy there and haven't even fished with the things. wtf?

I am pretty excited to try jugheads again this year, I have lots to learn when I comes to running teaserheads, always done well with the anchovy in area 23, this year should be no different ,swale rock is calling my name :), Albernifisher, you have no problem catching fish, we have seen your pics.. tie on a jughead n giver a go! medium Jughead with 5" anchovy :cool:

I Have a couple of packs on the way if they work they work if they don't oh we'll I spent over fifty dollars on a kone zone dummy flasher and haven't caught a fish near it. The jugheads cost less than losing a cannon ball or a trap or an afternoon of drinking so being ripped off doesn't concern me, my question is how will I test this I'm gonna wait until the fishing heats up in may then fish the same colored hootchie, same feet of leader and same colored flasher one with the jughead one without the problem lies in speed, fast for a jughead I've read does this give it the advantage over the plain one and make the test unfair I also have a side of the boat that seems to catch way more fish than the other, do I switch sides every hour to keep it fair.

Exactly, so let's keep the thread going without the "public backhanded" comments:confused::rolleyes::). Could have saved you some typing ;). I just want to know if it wasn't about the numbers then why did you post them?

Cheers,
John

In retort to Albernifishers comment about 22 fish in a weekend on his new lure!!

jeffy, I'll be giving them a go for sure. Allways looking for another weapon to add to the collection

Exactly. But... I wish I could buy them in a store, I'm a dinosaur, I don't like online sales.

I'll give any rig a whirl that looks reasonable If its available in my local shops here in Victoria. And jughead is something I'd try if it were here. Spending 20 bucks or less which is what this is is a big nothing in the grand scope of my tackle shopping... And I know I'm not alone with my thinking. There's room for lots of new lures. It's half of the fun, trying some of this stuff as long as it's not too gimmicky, for me anyway.

One I want to try badly though is 'Nog's needlefish. ;)

Wow it was hot in here tonight. I didn't want to even sign on until those guys signed out. Really wish the gong show would stop tho. I appreciate the efforts guys, really do but, how 'bout we pm our personal issues to each other and give legitimacy to the thread. I really want to hear how Jughead is working for people. Some guys may have issues rigging, speeds...who knows? Please. We really do have bigger fish to fry guys.
Alberniefisher I've got Juggies if you want some, don't worry about it John.
Kildonan check your pm plz

Alberniefisher youre arguing with Fishwhisperer calling him a jackass on crack all in capital letters then 1 minute later you want to know how jugheads work because you want to buy some? what? really? I call b.s.

This thread is an all out attack on Fishwhisperer and his Jughead. you know it, i know, everyone in this forum knows it. and anyone that says otherwise is lying. just read interaction between alberniefisher and FW then this immediate thread after. if you want to know if Jughead catches fish theres a thread called JUGHEAD NEW. lots of info there.

Its like theres a little gang in here and they're ruining this site. the integrity is dropping hard. Who would want to join SFBC now and have to read your guys venom. lord help anyone if you state something the gang doesn't like. they'll even start a new thread just to trash you.

Feelin Nauti barely made it outa here alive! No one is going to post in here after that b.s.

I hope ADMIN looks into this because you guys should be banned for your bully tactics. no doubt you're chasing people away from SFBC site.

Fishwhisper stay outa this thread dont comment or answer anything in here. these guys are baiting you up. fake IDs - ie:skipjack, and fake reports, attacks on people who post about Jughead. Look what happened to Feelin Nauti! it's unbelieveable!

This thread is dead.

Hey ****,

Lighten up. Now your calling my id fake? Get a grip. Oh wait, GET A GRIP (i know how you love capitals). Im realer than real my friend.

Evan

My jugheads haven't worked but I haven't fished them much

Back