Jugheads, do they work?

albernifisher

Seeing that alot of people on here have jugheads, before I buy some I want your opinions on them. Do they work,have they become one of your go to lures? lets hear your success stories

I have yet to catch anything with them, I have tried with anchovies and hootchies.
but in all fairness only a handful of times and on the inside (which 2013 was a great year)
they do perform as advertised

I have hit plenty of coho with jugheads. The small one rigged up with a hootchie and the medium with anchovies. I found that they work really well. Just my opinion and experience.

Hi guys this is my first post to the forum . Like many guys I love to read SFBC to get tips and tricks. I wanted to reply to this thread because I bought some Jugheads last year after reading about them. The action looked good so my buddy and I decided to give them a try on our annual trip. The end result was very impressive and we caught numerous fish on the Jughead set up compared to the standard teaser head set up. We will now use them regularly. Anyhow just my 2 cents. Hope to contribute more in the future.

nice first post, you on the payroll? LOL
welcome to the mayhem

I have caught fish with them, they work. I dont brine my anchovys just stick them on slightly frozen still.. Give em a go man.. Should be a good year for springs jughead will do well.

I caught some nice Springs last year in some pretty tough conditions using a Pirates Den LED and one of their large glow Wench Hootchies. Seemed to work when nothing else would. Caught 3 Springs and then I lost the only one I had to either a shark or an extremely large hali. It was an extra large Juggie and will be doing extensive testing this year using LED's and that size juggie-looked promising.

.......... I don't like flashers on my line and these things work well without them. Most guys have too much stuff and don't know how to dial it in because they keep changing too much, its all about dialing in your stuff and paying attention and these things are a natural progression of that if you ask me. They work real good with hootchies for me which are my number one !

I'm not jumping on thr jug wagon here but why would you want to bash on fishwhisperer. He done something you and i could only dream of doing. You try it albernifisher then have some pissant screw with you too. Looking at you other posts are you connected to that company?
I had to buy some Jugheads last july. All this hype. i tested them pretty fairly around Van, the Cap, light and a few days at Lasqueti and Sangster. They did catch the most fish though compared to the other side. and one important thing i noticed is that jughead always seem to be first hit when I got a dbl header. that told me lots. Green glow Jughead with any hoochie I think. Never tried bait in them yet.

and like dogbreath says speed it up for jugheads about 3mph

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishnazi, I'm not bashing anybody, just asking peoples opinions on them before I buy them. I do know how hard it is to bring out a lure cause I've been working on one for the last 2 years

I spent a whole trying to catch a fish in bamfield last season with no luck. At dusk I then tried alberni fishers special lure and got one! Thanks alberni fisher, i give your lure 5 stars..... (true story!)

ya well calling names and using capitals like a little girl yelling doesn't make you look good dude. Then you start this thread which I think is going to backfire on you, if your intentions were what I think. If I was Fishwhisperer I wouldn't sell you any for that

[73UqDX_quk0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UqDX_quk0

ya well calling names and using capitals like a little girl yelling doesn't make you look good dude. Then you start this thread which I think is going to backfire on you, if your intentions were what I think. If I was Fishwhisperer I wouldn't sell you any for that

This thread is legit and the product doesn't need unauthorized spokespersons like yourself.

I have 2 free ones that were given to me for picking up Black Velvets large order. I haven't fished them yet. Your welcome to try them out albernifisher :). I am too busy with other stuff to try them. Just sitting here. Let me know man:cool:.
Cheers,
John

Its a legit question..i Believe they work, haven't tried the smaller ones but , I have faith in med size with anchovy. try Jughead on oneside, hootchie or spoon on the other.. would also like to give Juggie a go with LED's as springfever has done.. you can get a pack of Jugheads for the cost of a few spoons.

I spent a whole trying to catch a fish in bamfield last season with no luck. At dusk I then tried alberni fishers special lure and got one! Thanks alberni fisher, i give your lure 5 stars..... (true story!)

Normally I don't get involved in crap like this on the forum, but I have to call BS on this one. Nice Highjack and redirection Skippy!!

Now let me clarify some facts for you all.... I took a bunch of Jugheads with me up to Rivers Inlet and then did a review on them last August when I returned. I bought them myself, AJ didn't ask me to do it, I just reviewed it because it worked so well up there, I even gave them all away to the guides when I left because they asked if they could have a few. Go back and read the review if you need too.

We caught over 100 fish on the Jughead in and around Rivers Inlet in just over 12 hours over 3 days. We caught Coho and Springs on them and they worked great, and yes I know the fish are way more aggressive up there but it doesn't change the fact they worked fantastic with Hoochies, herring and anchovies. Not to mention they out fished all other lures badly.

Now I have also fished them in our local water in Howe Sound/Vancouver/Richmond and they have performed OK, but not as well as they did up at Rivers Inlet. Fish down here are a bit more picky, but I found Herring or Anchovies work OK on the Jughead here.

Albernifisher.... you said "Fishnazi, I'm not bashing anybody, just asking peoples opinions on them before I buy them. I do know how hard it is to bring out a lure cause I've been working on one for the last 2 years" .....

Well competition in the industry is always there, and if you have a lure, teaser head or anything else you've invented and don't think that there's going to be some other guy coming out with something similar sooner or later, then your dreaming. Instead of starting a thread like this, spend 10 bucks and try them out for yourself, or look back in the threads and you'll see reviews.

But this kind of public backhanded BS is a joke, so is your Thank you to Skipjack on this thread about how a jughead works, when he complimented your lure, 18-22 fish in a weekend.....OK let me know when you beat 105 fish in 12 hours.

And just to be clear, I'm not friends with AJ, I'm not his partner and I have no vested interest in his business...just in case someone wonders.

FN

Back