Jeremy Wade’s GOLIATH TIGERFISH

Sushihunter

http://e-fishingnews.com/amazing/1085

Jeremy Wade’s GOLIATH TIGERFISH

Angler Jeremy Wade wrestled the 5ft-long goliath tigerfish during a fishing expedition along the Congo River in Africa. The tigerfish – believed to be a deadlier version of the piranha – has 32 teeth that are a similar size to those of a great white shark and has been known to attack humans and even crocodiles. The specimen caught by Jeremy ,who patiently spent eight days by the riverbank, weighed more than 100lbs and was FIVE FEET long.

Jeremy-Wade-catches-monster-goliath-tigerfish.jpg

For most people, fishing is a peaceful way to relax. Jeremy Wade , host of Animal Planet’s River Monsters , is not most people. The British biologist and extreme angler has spent more than 25 years chasing down the rarest and most fearsome freshwater creatures , from man-sized killer catfish to bloodthirsty piranha that could tear a human apart.

Monster-goliath-tigerfish.jpg

Wade called the creature “quite a beast”. That description somewhat perfectly describes the creature, which is capable of eating prey as big as itself. Mr Wade reeled in the 45kg beast as part of aTV show about mythical reports from around the world of humans being attacked by unknown monsters from the deep.

Jeremy-Wade.jpg

I started a thread about this show about a month ago. Got mixed reviews from the other members though. Bottom line, if you enjoy watching someone catch massive fish, especially ones that look like prehistoric monsters that could eat you, it's a pretty cool show. Also educational regarding both the fish, and the habitats they survive in.

Season two starts next month on Discovery.

That is one mean looking fish, wonder how it tastes??? LOL im sure he let it go can you imagine what a bite from that thing would do to someones leg or calve all I can say is OOOOOOWWWWWf#*K

I watched that episode and no, he didn't let it go. He tried to revive it but it it died so he gave it to his native guide for a village feast.

Interesting show if you like to see toothy fishy critters (which I do) but it can be a bit over-dramatic in some cases. Worth a watch, however.

I understand that in waters with Barracuda it is not a good idea to swim naked as they like the dangly bits. Probably good advice in those waters as well.

Back