Jeanneau NC795

ChrisK

I’m planning to purchase a 22’ Maverick or Ocean Pro but the local dealers don’t have any in stock to look at. Is there anyone in the Lower Mainland that owns one of these that would let us come take a look before we make our final decision? Just trying to decide between the two hardtop styles, hulls are essentially the same with the exception of the upswept bow on the Ocean Pro

aluminum-weldcraft-sport-fishing-boat_00.jpg

link -->
Check this one out. Might be worth it to buy used. 24' ocean pro. Seems a little on the high side price wise but looks solid and set up well.

Looking at the photos I would go with the Ocean King if you are doing mostly saltwater fishing. Layout and design looks better suited to ocean fishing. The Maverick looks more like a lake boat IMO.

Decided to go with the Ocean King, placed my order this morning. Unfortunately the factory is backed up so I won’t see it until late summer. Thanks everyone for reaching out and helping me think through this.

Decided to go with the Ocean King, placed my order this morning. Unfortunately the factory is backed up so I won’t see it until late summer. Thanks everyone for reaching out and helping me think through this.
Nice,, can wait to see the pics. What did you go with the 22’ or 24’ ?

The 22’. Big jump in price to the 24’ and more boat than I need
Yes they are aren’t they. That’s what I felt when I bought and after having a big boat, for as often as you need one it’s just not worth it, we’ll not to me it wasn’t. I always thought I wanted a big boat but after owning one I didn’t like it, back to something more practical for ones use is always smart.

Awesome choice Chris can’t wait to see it set up.

Yes they are aren’t they. That’s what I felt when I bought and after having a big boat, for as often as you need one it’s just not worth it, we’ll not to me it wasn’t. I always thought I wanted a big boat but after owning one I didn’t like it, back to something more practical for ones use is always smart.

Awesome choice Chris can’t wait to see it set up.
Thanks Walleyes! Yeah, I also plan to use it on smaller lakes occasionally so want it easy to launch and manage for that. Appreciate your insight too...now the rigging starts, finding electronics, downriggers, etc.

Thought I would share an update as its rare a purchase goes this way. I heard a rumor that Weldcraft had updated the 2021 model so I called the rep to confirm. All new models of the Ocean King now have composite floors (no plywood) as well as a true self bailing deck. They accomplished this by making the bottom 6" wider and also increased the overall length by a foot. So I'm getting a lot more boat than I expected...sweet! Have also reconfigured the cabin to be wider, taller, and a new helm with room for several flat panel MFD's.

Thought I would share an update as its rare a purchase goes this way. I heard a rumor that Weldcraft had updated the 2021 model so I called the rep to confirm. All new models of the Ocean King now have composite floors (no plywood) as well as a true self bailing deck. They accomplished this by making the bottom 6" wider and also increased the overall length by a foot. So I'm getting a lot more boat than I expected...sweet! Have also reconfigured the cabin to be wider, taller, and a new helm with room for several flat panel MFD's.
The only time in your life that you will consider a wider bottom as better! lol ;)

Did you get your new Ocean King yet?
Long story...Weldcraft (the manufacturer, not the dealer) screwed up and the wrong boat ended up taking our production spot. It finally arrived a couple weeks ago but the entire experience kind of soured us and we ended up placing a deposit on a different boat that should arrive later this year. If someone is in the market for a very nice Ocean King 220 its sitting on the lot at Venture Rivercraft in Chilliwack. Its one of the nicest finish aluminum boats I've seen, but it wasn't what we ordered.

Long story...Weldcraft (the manufacturer, not the dealer) screwed up and the wrong boat ended up taking our production spot. It finally arrived a couple weeks ago but the entire experience kind of soured us and we ended up placing a deposit on a different boat that should arrive later this year. If someone is in the market for a very nice Ocean King 220 its sitting on the lot at Venture Rivercraft in Chilliwack. Its one of the nicest finish aluminum boats I've seen, but it wasn't what we ordered.
To clarify, we had changed our order early from the 220 to the 240 as we were told it would arrive early and they had no ETA on the 220. The 240 also had a lot of nice upgrades that we thought we would enjoy. End of the day the 220 was built and now there is no ETA for the 240. If they had helped us out we would've probably still made a deal, but all I got was a sorry, no compensation to make it right. Anyways, new Jeanneau NC795 coming later this year, so the better half is much happier.

To clarify, we had changed our order early from the 220 to the 240 as we were told it would arrive early and they had no ETA on the 220. The 240 also had a lot of nice upgrades that we thought we would enjoy. End of the day the 220 was built and now there is no ETA for the 240. If they had helped us out we would've probably still made a deal, but all I got was a sorry, no compensation to make it right. Anyways, new Jeanneau NC795 coming later this year, so the better half is much happier.
Sick boat. What did it set you back? I have a 25.5 foot by 8’6” beam boat and wish it was a little wider. Better for sleeping out family of 4 and sitting all at the dinner table The head is in front of the captain/helm? Full stand up or more of a squat down less than 6’ head?

I think you’ll be pretty happy with it!

Sick boat. What did it set you back? I have a 25.5 foot by 8’6” beam boat and wish it was a little wider. Better for sleeping out family of 4 and sitting all at the dinner table The head is in front of the captain/helm? Full stand up or more of a squat down less than 6’ head?

I think you’ll be pretty happy with it!
Yeah, 9’3” beam should be nice. Head is in front of the helm and is just a little short to fully stand up in but has a nice fold down bench if you want to shower. Right around $200k with a trailer and all options plus a few extras (Burnewiin mounts, wash down, upgraded gps, radar, ap)

Back