Jan 19 - Important Area 19/20 SFAB Mtg.

Whole in the Water

Email from Chris Bos, Local Area SFAB Chair about the upcoming annual Area 19/20 SFAB meeting to discuss upcoming 2022 DFO fishing regs and issues. This is the chance to hear about many of the key the issues facing the area 19/20. As well as proposed DFO regs for 2022 and your chance to raise your issues and pass motions to bring forward recommendations to DFO. The public fishery is facing more issues than ever and we need a good turn out online to show DFO that we are not happy and we want to see some changes! This is a very important meeting for as many as possible to attend.

Dear fellow anglers,

Here’s wishing you a Happy New Year and I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and the New Year holidays. This email is to inform you of an upcoming online local SFAB meeting. The meeting is open to all anglers who fish the Canadian waters from Saanich Inlet through the Southern Gulf Islands and Haro Strait, off Oak Bay and Victoria and right out to Jordan River in the western Juan de Fuca Strait. The meeting is “in camera” as DFO staff will not be present.

Meeting: Victoria and Area Local SFAB Committee

When: Wednesday January 19, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Where: Online Virtual Zoom Meeting

Link - Please email Chris Bos at Chris@anglerscoalition.com for access to this online meeting

In my last email (copied below) I indicated we should hold a special meeting of the local SFAB Committee to go over several important topics.

• verify what the SFAB is and can actually do
  • provide a more detailed update on the SFAB modernization process
  • seek feedback from SFAB constituents about what they want from the SFAB process locally
  • discuss important species specific issues and prioritize them
  • develop a comprehensive Victoria Committee mailing list
  • discuss the need for more DNA samples off Victoria and Sooke
Please make every effort to join this online meeting as it is important that this meeting be well attended as I would genuinely like to hear the feedback from many of our constituents on important fisheries issues that we face.

Kindest regards,

Christopher Bos
Chair, Victoria and Area, Local SFAB Committee
PH: (778) 426-4141
EMAIL: Chris@anglerscoalition.com

Like Reply

Back