Is There a Ferry From Departure Bay to Tsawwassen Now?

Dogbreath

I swear early this afternoon I saw a BC Ferry leaving Departure Bay then once out in the Strait head south not further east to Horseshoe Bay.

The BC Ferry site is NFG for this kind of thing.

Holiday Monday had extra sailings, probably one of the reserve boats returning to Deas

I don't know if it went into service but I thought it was interesting that the big "new" boat the Coastal Renaissance or whatever that one is called sure didn't look it moved much this weekend? It was sitting there on Thursday in Departure while the 2 older boats were running and was there again yesterday late afternoon. "If" there were extra sailings the boat came from somewhere else as I would have definitely thought there would have been 3 running yesterday of all days?

I don't know if it went into service but I thought it was interesting that the big "new" boat the Coastal Renaissance or whatever that one is called sure didn't look it moved much this weekend?
I think the reason the coastal failure was sitting all weekend is that it takes 30,000 liters of fuel per day to fill it... the C class ferries ugly as they are do not burn near that amount..big fancy fuel hogs.. that's what they built..

Back