Is SVIAC dead?

calmsea

Can someone tell me if this group is still around? Have not seen nor heard anything in quite a while. Website is still up be no updates since June. You woulda thought they'd be very active and engaged during election campaign. Bit sad, I put a lot of faith in their concept.

Far from it. SVIAC is made up of several volunteers, , many of whom are guides who are currently winding up their summer season. Here is a message from our president:

There are a number of ongoing projects and issues that SVIAC have been quietly active in over the summer, including the Sooke Chinook Salmon Revitalization Initiative, fall/winter recreational Halibut fishing remaining open, commercial crabbing intensity in Sooke and Sidney and Fraser Stream-Type Chinook enhancement and CWT marking. Additionally, a survey of local federal election candidates is underway to identify where each stand on fisheries and conservation issues.

A membership newsletter and web updates outlining the society's activities in more detail will be made available soon.

Can someone tell me if this group is still around? Have not seen nor heard anything in quite a while. Website is still up be no updates since June. You woulda thought they'd be very active and engaged during election campaign. Bit sad, I put a lot of faith in their concept.

To answer your question... No not at all! You are right it has been too long since we had an update (we need some more volunteer communications help here to be honest).

To this end we will be sending out an email outlining the various areas we need some volunteer help to get the growing amount of work that needs to get done, done. We want to do more but we need more volunteer help to do so. So stay tuned for the email and if there is anything anyone can help out with it is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
SVIAC;428032We want to do more but we need more volunteer help to do so. [/QUOTE said:
You gotta be vocal then. If nobody has heard a peep in months how do you expect to get more volunteers?

Sure guides are busy in the summer, but that's also when everybody else is out fishing and thinking about fishing - which means summer is the BEST time to hit them up for donations, membership, ask for volunteers etc.

outta site outta mind.

Rum buddies and victory I look forward to seeing you both stepping up to help that is awesome. SVIAC needs more volunteers working on there own time, so its encouraging hearing how you both want to help and take a role on it. Good on you both.:rolleyes:

Rum buddies and victory I look forward to seeing you both stepping up to help that is awesome. SVIAC needs more volunteers working on there own time, so its encouraging hearing how you both want to help and take a role on it. Good on you both.:rolleyes:

I just did...

There's a free marketing lesson in my original post...

If SVIAC would like more help with a marketing strategy by all means send me a PM guys....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back