is it a roe ban or a bait ban??

R

RVP

On the SSS [Stamp,Sproat,Somas] - what are the regs? I know what they are, but do you?

Our eyes are bigger than our voice - we see you all. Angle with "BAIT" below the bucket PERIOD!!

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

...there was a guy using bait, who had a stupid question/answer after being told there was a bait ban on the SSS above the bucket - "is it a roe ban or a bait ban??"

Surely people must know that roe is bait, and that bait is bait and that the closed area includes the falls pool...that shrimp, prawns, roe, dew worms, blah, blah, blah...are all included in said regulations.

Barbed hooks, treble hooks, bait, bonking wild...what else is going to go on this year on the SSS? What more will you allow?

Com'mon boys, fish with integrity, be accountable...we all know what is right from wrong.

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

yeah I agree. I've heard from guys that barbless hooks are for catch and release only.

We should all know by now that a barbless hook sets deeper and faster. Keeping a fish on because of a barb shows no skill.
C'mon guys leave the trebles and 40lb leader at home.

In fact they should never even of found their way home from the store in the first place. Certainly at the least they should be found no where on the river. As a matter of fact I once saw a desperate female Stellar jay trying to coax her offspring from an entangled mess of leader.It would appear that a bit of flyline tippet and fly were broken off in the brush on the opposite side of where we would fish. Course I untangled the helpless little bird. There it was , dangling from one leg up side down. It was lucky that it did not sevre it's leg completely. Well it flew off with it's mother for more flight training. I looked at the the leader material and shook my head. ....... holy sh@#$%^t, my own fly that I had tied only the week before. How long was that bird hanging there?
Did I feel guilty or what. I'll never make that mistake again if I can at all help it.

Like was said above guys, fish with some integrity

To clarify a little better, anything with sent is considered bait.... includes the zambuca jensen eggs.... berkley worms... anything... the CO's arent dumb

quote:Originally posted by Lipripper

To clarify a little better, anything with sent is considered bait.... includes the zambuca jensen eggs.... berkley worms... anything... the CO's arent dumb

I e-mailed a CO and asked him if Jensen eggs were legal in a bait ban area. He said he personally would not</u> ticket me for using Jensen Eggs in a bait ban area.

thank you very much guys!!!as i said in a previus posting [pack out what u pack in].i've been at the sproat over the yuletide season and been finding as the water drops,barbed hooks,everywhere like RVP and lipripper say,lets fish with a little style.have a little pride in your catching.on dec. 30th i seen a pathetic display of littering. ziploc bagies,roe containers,food wrappers beer cans the list goes on.PACK OUT YOUR !@#$%^ GARBAGE.this crap is killin fish.its that simple.the people doin it are the same people bitchin theres no fish.clean up your !@#$%^ act.

Jensen eggs are not bait and neither are the berkely worms I have witnessed a CO fishing with jensen eggs, and have been checked while using Berkely worms and have not been ticketed.

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

I e-mailed a CO and asked him if Jensen eggs were legal in a bait ban area. He said he personally would not</u> ticket me for using Jensen Eggs in a bait ban area.

Guess that would make ya above the law..... read page 9 of the synopsis[?]

I am talkin about the anise sented ones in the jar

Yup, me too, the anise ones. He here's the quote from the e-mail I received, you take it for what it's worth but it seems petty clear to me.

"The definition of natural bait is "any foodstuff or natural substance other than wood, cotton, wool, hair, fur or feathers". By the letter of the law any scent composed of a
natural substance other than those listed above would be unlawful. I don't
believe it is the intent of the regulation, however, to prohibit Jensen eggs
as scented by the manufacturer. I have never charged anyone for fishing with
Jensen eggs."

Yup, me too, the anise ones. He here's the quote from the e-mail I received, you take it for what it's worth but it seems petty clear to me.

"The definition of natural bait is "any foodstuff or natural substance other than wood, cotton, wool, hair, fur or feathers". By the letter of the law any scent composed of a
natural substance other than those listed above would be unlawful. I don't
believe it is the intent of the regulation, however, to prohibit Jensen eggs
as scented by the manufacturer. I have never charged anyone for fishing with
Jensen eggs."

...there was an thread a number of years ago that was full of controversy as to what Jensen eggs were and how they were determined. One fellow member contacted Luhr Jensen directly and asked them about the anise that they use in a jar of rubber Jensen eggs - Jensen replied with a statement that was something like "We use artificial anise in our packaging as a human mask and as a seperation component." By their own statement of using "artificial" and not natural - they 1] fall into fair use, and by the second statement that the artificial anise is a seperation component and a human mask...it was therefore determined that Jensen eggs are not bait...or so the storey went.

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

...there was an thread a number of years ago that was full of controversy as to what Jensen eggs were and how they were determined. One fellow member contacted Luhr Jensen directly and asked them about the anise that they use in a jar of rubber Jensen eggs - Jensen replied with a statement that was something like "We use artificial anise in our packaging as a human mask and as a seperation component." By their own statement of using "artificial" and not natural - they 1] fall into fair use, and by the second statement that the artificial anise is a seperation component and a human mask...it was therefore determined that Jensen eggs are not bait...or so the storey went.

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

Artificail anise....... without being made with natural substances or nutrients??? What did they make it with then???

Sound like playin in the grey to me

Artificail anise....... without being made with natural substances or nutrients??? What did they make it with then???

Sound like playin in the grey to me

Back