Is Bigtime Sportfishing a Goner?

Dogbreath

Got an email from Westcoast Fishing Resorts today that proclaimed they were the only lodge @ Milbanke, and when I clicked on Big Time link I see it's gone, emails bounce and no one answers the phone.

billreidsalmon.jpg

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN
The site is still up - the index is being blocked by the hosting company...so navigation is near impossible unless you have a site map.
So bills haven't been paid since email is bouncing as well, they didn't even set up a web based back up email.

billreidsalmon.jpg

yes its gone was just in the svop with guys that use to work their and they have all moved on!Straight from the horses mouth

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath

Got an email from Westcoast Fishing Resorts today that proclaimed they were the only lodge @ Milbanke, and when I clicked on Big Time link I see it's gone, emails bounce and no one answers the phone.

Big Time is definately gone but don't take WCR's word for it because they also advertise that they own the only 2 lodges on the West coast of the Charlottes. I guess OBMG,Westcoast Fishing Club and Charlotte Queen Adventures don't count

billreidsalmon.jpg

"Who would have ever thought it would be this much fun catching them one at a time"

That would be strange. I saw their barge in drydock getting a tune-up, all done now and still floating. Tugboat in Nanaimo too.
BTW Shearwater runs out to McInnes Island as well.

Was in Bella Bella this week and last and the folks at the airport told me two resorts will be open this year, WCR and another in Rivers. The rest are either closed up or will be operating on a very limited budget.

Flew over quite a few of them in the last couple weeks and a few (Goose Bay and Good Hope) were building or upgrading new or existing docks, while others, like Black Gold, were gone. Just a few boom sticks and logs left.

The economy is sure hurting the lodges.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Back