Intro from a new guy

Prawn Star

Hello out there. I found this great website as I was doing some research in preparation for my move to Campbell River this summer. I have been fishing rivers and lakes for steelhead and salmon for many years in Ontario. I know what you are thinking, but we really do have real fish out here. I must admit from the fish I have caught in Campbell River they are a much stronger fish than their fresh water cousins. I can see from this forum that I have alot to learn about fishing the saltchuck. My brother in law lives in C.R. and knows the waters there and I can't wait to get there permanently instead of just going on vacation. All your stories about prawning and crabbing are getting me very anxious to move. I look forward to "meeting" you.

Hey Moe, welcome to the Forum and the Island, you are going to love CR. :D SS

Hey Moe, welcome to the Forum and the Island, you are going to love CR. :D SS

Welcome to the forum
Just remember to get your tickets early and take time off for the October Brown's Bay Chum Derby.
You might also trade that winter jacket for a raincoat.:D
GLG

Welcome to the forum
Just remember to get your tickets early and take time off for the October Brown's Bay Chum Derby.
You might also trade that winter jacket for a raincoat.:D
GLG

Where's Foe?:D
Good luck out here Moe.
Advice:
If your a leafs fan keep it under your hat.

Where's Foe?:D
Good luck out here Moe.
Advice:
If your a leafs fan keep it under your hat.

Hey Moe, further to what GLG had to say about the Browns Bay Derby, you might want to familiarize yourself with the saying, six by six..... and hope it is not Lucky.......:D SS

Perhaps I should clairify, that would be 6 oz or 6 beers by 6 am...

Hey Moe, further to what GLG had to say about the Browns Bay Derby, you might want to familiarize yourself with the saying, six by six..... and hope it is not Lucky.......:D SS

Perhaps I should clairify, that would be 6 oz or 6 beers by 6 am...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. That is funny Moe, Foe & Poe. That makes the first two of us Mofo's. Larry and Curly are long gone so it's just me now. I was the youngest of the three. I'm with ya on the 6X6X6 sounds like my kind of derby. I'm not much of a hockey fan but I do believe in when in Rome do as the Romans so it's Canucks all the way. I have already got some good Gortex and Mustang floater suit and will gladly throw away the parka and snow shovel. I look forward to being able to contribute to this forum once I know what the heck I'm talking about like ebb tides and slack tides and all them weird critters that come from the ocean floor.

Hey welcome Moe. I have a friend that I've been calling Moe for years, don't know why just do. Anyway what part of Ontario are you from? I was born in Kirkland Lake moved out here when I was five. Still have memories of the summer heat and the winter snow and cold. Ever fish catfish? I remember my brother coming home with enough catfish to fill the kitchen sink and my Mom cooking it. From what I remember it was very good.

Hey Giterdone I live in Barrie and yes I have caught many catfish or mudpout or brown bullheads all the same fish. They are a spring tradition in most parts of Ontario. I have fished mostly Georgian Bay and Lake Ontario for salmon and have had a few trips to Campbell River to visit relatives and that's how I got hooked on the island and will be retiring there soon.

Back