Info on filling in out drive hole in a transom

buzzbomb

Hey guys. Was wondering if I could get pointed in the wright direction on this process. Due to all the other cost on this boat build I thought I’d do this my self. My plan is to build the plug out of 1/2” marine ply and resin in between each pice till I achieve the 2” needed. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Also what resin and cloth should be used to tie all this together. There will be aluminum plate on both sides once it’s sealed off. Thanks guys I appreciate your input on this.

I used a 3/4 inch piece of marine grade plywood laminated to a 1/2” piece and then 8 layers of 1708 biaxial fiberglass. I also used epoxy for the whole transom.

I used a 3/4 inch piece of marine grade plywood laminated to a 1/2” piece and then 8 layers of 1708 biaxial fiberglass. I also used epoxy for the whole transom.
I’ve been fallowing your thread and love what your doing. Thanks for the advice. We’re is a good place to source these products from. Thanks again!

I’ve been fallowing your thread and love what your doing. Thanks for the advice. We’re is a good place to source these products from. Thanks again!
I buy my fiberglass at industrial plastics and paint. The epoxy I will get at the Stones Boat yard store. IPP has it but its more expensive.

I dont even think we have a IPP on the mainland any longer. Go to Coast Fibertek in burnaby for material. They will have everything you need.

Back