In Praise of 'The Bos!'

Little Hawk

Cudo's to our selfless Presidente for all his great work at the Colquitiz Cr. fence.

Great job Chris Bos! Bos & fish & kids.jpg

Yes he is a good boy!

I remember going down there as a kid in the eighties and walking the old log bridge/ladder. It's an achievement to see it where it is today. It's awesome to see kids learning what that ladder is for.

Great post Little Hawk. Kudos to Chris for all his hard work. It is paying off.

I wish folks would start posting more stuff like this to get folks involved with wild salmon, rivers, and streams. I'm a visual type person and really enjoyed the photo.

Cheers,
John

Good job, Govna.... :eek:

:cool:
Hip! Hip! Hurray!!! for Chris Bos...

BTW any idea what the return count is?

:cool:
Hip! Hip! Hurray!!! for Chris Bos...

BTW any idea what the return count is?
last I heard there was around 50 at the end of the month. I am under the assumption that a few seals at the bottom are reeking havoc.....has to be pretty frustrating with much bigger returns elsewhere

The seals are actually right at the fence. I hucked a couple of boulders at one last week (missed the prick from 15-ft... I've lost it).

That's scary actually, coming through the inner-harbour, all the way up the Gorge, through Portage Inlet then 2-km up the Colquitz to nail these fish who've made it to the last event of their lives.

They eat about 2-fish per day according to the Bos.

I think they should be harvested; the meat goes to the food-bank and the hides make mucklucks for the homeless.

The seals are actually right at the fence. I hucked a couple of boulders at one last week (missed the prick from 15-ft... I've lost it).

That's scary actually, coming through the inner-harbour, all the way up the Gorge, through Portage Inlet then 2-km up the Colquitz to nail these fish who've made it to the last event of their lives.

They eat about 2-fish per day according to the Bos.

I think they should be harvested; the meat goes to the food-bank and the hides make mucklucks for the homeless.
I wonder if there are more than 2 involved then...Craigflower is same route in and they are around 500 returning so far (10x last years amount so not a norm). I know the big difference there is the falls at the bottom that keep the seals out, but they do still have problems with otters. The media talks fuel, but they are clueless since this broodstock wasn't involved in the spill years and I have to assume they are coming up regardless of any 'minor traces' there may be in there currently.

Would make an interesting case study for sure to see what the true effects of the seals here are. Would frustrate the hell out of me as a streamkeeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably very few actually realize how much Chris does for our sportfishing community and our fish. He is one a few people I count in the category - irreplaceable. He should get all our atmost respect for what he does and get the Order of Canada.

Probably very few actually realize how much Chris does for our sportfishing community and our fish. He is one a few people I count in the category - irreplaceable. He should get all our atmost respect for what he does and get the Order of Canada.

I agree. Chris is multi faceted, sees the big picture and is a superb representative in the SFAB process; striking the right balance between advocacy and diplomacy while being resistant to being co-opted by a Ministry that has the resources to corrupt lesser men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back