Important - friday - town hall meeting, west van

Peahead

This is the first stage of setting quotas on all fish.It will be a commodity that will be owned,bought,traded to the highest bidder:

Very Important!
Via the Sportfishing coalition.

As you are likely aware the BC Sport Fishing Coalition has been applying political pressure for a resolve to the current halibut allocation issue. We have been holding Town Hall meetings in cities throughout the Province. Recently we requested a private meeting and Town Hall meeting with MP John Weston (West Vancouver, Sunshine Coast, Sea to Sky). John never returned any of our calls or requests for either meeting.

We have found out that John has decided to hold his own public meeting. Although its public John has not advertised the meeting in the media or even of his own webpage. In addition he planned a public meeting for 4pm on a Friday, in the Library at West Vancouver. Although a public meeting only those with a private invite from Weston were aware of the details. Since then I have been trying to get the details but they are very protective and won’t provide me with the details. I have received them from an individual that received a private invite.

I can’t help but feel that this meeting was booked with the intention of avoiding the recreational sector. Friday at 4pm is not a common time to book a public meeting. The whole thing seems rather “sneaky” to me. I have confirmed that this is a “public meeting” and all are welcome. It is vital that the recreational sector show up and show our displeasure towards the Federal Governments Halibut Allocation policy.

I am asking you for some help. Spread the word about the meeting. Get your staff and friends involved. Let your staff go home early that day to attend. We need as many people there as possible. In addition we need as many “constituents” there are possible.

It has come to my attention that John Weston is not a friend of ours on this halibut issue.
He is supporting the commercial sector.
He is on the fisheries committee and has major influence.
Did I mention…….Jim Pattison is in his riding?
We will be holding a demonstration outside the meeting as well.
We need to be there. Please get people to the meeting. This is a major one.

Town Hall Meeting on the Allocation of Commercial & Recreational Halibut

March 11th, 2011 from 4:00 to 6:00pm

1950 Marine Dr. West Vancouver Library, Welsh Hall

Back