I'm a addict. ..

I hate to resurrect an old thread.. but I like to lurk in the background and follow your builds even before I joined this forum. Your addiction ultimately got me to join. As I really appreciate and like to watch the effort and detail you put into them..

So back to the point how was the boat? I’m curious with the whole water ballast part.

I owned this exact boat for a few seasons. Running around the inlets near Campbell river in the summers was a great little hull. the splash well closed off with aluminum as it was very easy to take waves in over the open stern. The transom were the engine sits was almost in the water at rest with a 90 honda on it.
Correct the hole at the front is the blow hole for the ballast system. When coming off plane it will shoot water out as it rushes in to the tunnel.

Thank you for the info Toba! When I look at photos they seem to sit a little stern heavy. So I was curious how they were at drift and running with the ballast. So it’s awesome to hear your experience. I really appreciate it!

lol of course he would MRWood Albernifisher alway has something going on in the mixing pot. Either buying/selling or knee deep in a project. He certainly is one busy guys! I appreciate the info that it’s been sold, thank you!

So, yes the boat has been sold. I took my girlfriend out and she didn't feel safe in a open boat so I removed the motor and sold the hull and trailer
It was a great boat,45mph and it got a bit sketchy lol. The good... Rode awesome,ate up waves almost as good as my 26 hourston, fantastic fishing platform. The bad... Only really one thing I could complain about, the motor was way too big and heavy so it sat low in the stern.
And yes, the Yamaha is now all black and hanging on the back of my latest project boat, a 17 hourston :)
Once a addict, always a addict lol

i think a light 90 like a etec would be ideal for these hulls, the 90 Honda was a nice match but a tad heavy for sure. I took this boat off shore tofino/nootka and the stern area was a swamp most of the time thank god for the Aluminium splash well.

Back