Ice Fishing

Steelhead S2

Had a few spare hours today for the first time in ages, So picked up a buddy and a canoe and headed out to scratch the itch. Planned on dragging a fly around Spectacle, and it was frozen over!. We threw some rocks out to test it, and nothing broke through. Oh well, back to work.

I laugh how the boys from back east get excited about going ice fishing where we were last week there was a guy there almost peeing him self saying another week and I can get out there, almost thick enough and he has many rods and holes and stands on the ice watching uncovered or protected -20 with wind catching pan size perch and walleye NOW that is a really bad itch told him about winter springs trolling in a boat with a heater going catching good size springs. You would have thought I had a 3rd eye coming out of my head the look he gave me as I told him its usually about 6 to 12 degrees most days out here and we have green grass and no snow (sometimes) he didnt believe me as he has never been on the west coast.......
I did ask how you get ice to bite he had no humour LOL LOL

Wolf

Back