I like big butts!!!!

Be careful on this site they will give you hell for keeping a big fish. :) It really is a nice one the way people where talking about the fishing a Port Mcneil I'm suprised you had springer belly's to use.

i dont get it when people do give you hell for catching a nice fish.. you cant control what bites your hook,l why dont other fishers just give the proud catcher hell for fishing [?] nice fish :D

Jock it is not me giving a hard time about a nice fish it is your fellow country men. I think it is just fine to keep what you catch as long it is legal and you eat what you catch. I have not been in the situation where the fish was too big to keep the fish in question would have scared the hell out of me. We had one on last year that was about 100lb and we where worried but lucky for us a sea lion ate it.

quote:I think it is just fine to keep what you catch as long it is legal and you eat what you catch
Couldn't agree more Joe!
I ate Yelloweye Rockfish for supper Friday night and had the leftovers tonight.
The Big Butt that 'kronic' took will keep him/his family in leftovers for some months to come!

great catch I'm jelous you lucky dog.

LAstly I would have kept it and been damm proud of it too.

Remember opinions are like arseh!les evry one has one and they usually stink

:D I like BIG BUTTS! Yeah a [8D]really,[8D] really big big butt! I set the hook, then I take another look at the really really big big butt. Not a Whale called Sperm or a Trout with a worm, just a really really big big butt![:p][:p][:p]

Just doin' my part. I just want to go bottom fishing. At least you git bit alot or lose some gear.:D

Pengy, G-Day Mate! When you find one that don't stink you tell us. I know some folks that think their's don't but that just a bucket of Horse Pucky if you know what I mean. What kind of fishing you doin in NZ? I visited your country for a month once. The South for 2 weeks and the North for 2 weeks. It was a great adventure and lovely time. :)

Kone Zone I'm living in Victoria BC now - I couln't convince the wife to move to NZ. I remember the fishing there like it was yesterday 10 lb rainbow trout in hte local rivers just 20 mins from work - My dad used to leave work at 330pm on his trail bike zip down to the tuki tuki and fly fish till 6pm and then zip home 20 min He would catch and release several fish and then land a good sized trout generally over 7lbs typically over 10 lbs cook up the trout for dinner left overs to our two greedy cats. during the summer he would do this 3 to 4 times a week, on sat he would go and shoot bunnies down the river (pest about 50 million too many) bring em home then rabbit stew or rabbit pie
deer stalking in the bush near Taupo - the kaipo forest to be exact

I used to go with him many times. I also fished off the beaches and took the 12 aluminium dingy with the 4 hp yamaha out and dropped crayfish pots and set gill nets as well as snorkeled for paua and crayfish

Van isl is a good second choice for us

I also spent three weeks in flyfishing heaven on Taupo and Lake Rotorua.Used some of my BC fly patterns with great success.My pals here still do not believe me when I tell them stories of 40 fish outings of up to 10 lb fighting screamimg rainbows. my best fish was a14 lb Brown trout on my 5 wt. on a glowy smelt fly.All my fishing was done in my waders flicking flies near the creek mouths

Back