I’m done, from a Sooke resident

Michael kirk

Thanks to Turdeau and his apologist DFO ministry, my boat is up for sale.

Beautiful 2015 Seasport 24XL
9” and 12” Lowrance HDS gen 3
Lowrance 4G radar
Autopilot
Diesel heater
Xantrex inverter/charger with shore power
Freezer/fridge
3 transducers including structure scan
Rear helm with wheel and location of 12” Lowrance
Trailer like new
Bottom paint
300hp Yamaha with less than 100 hours
9.9 yamaha kicker with hydraulic tilt
Gofree wireless
Fly by wire throttle control
Head with macerator and holding tank
Sink with fresh water tank
Start and house batteries
Many other options
130,000 USD very firm

Pictures to follow in a couple of days.

Last edited:
why usd if you reside in Sooke.?

For the exact same reason that gold, oil, bitcoin, etc are all priced in USD. It is traditionally a harder currency. Most larger ticket items will be priced in USD so it is not subject to Canadian currency swings.

Generally the price will be listed in USD and at time of transaction the seller will usually accept CDN dollars at that days spot rate / exchange rate as listed in the marketplace.

Also, if the seller needs to go buy a replacement boat, say they are getting out of fishing but into cruising, they will most likely want to be able to search down south for their replacement vessel (more listings). As such those boats will be priced in USD. Having the stability in pricing your selling item in USD when you need USD to go replace it just makes sense and removes one more variable in the buying power for them going forward.

When purchasing USD in the quantity of $100k plus you can get down to $0.003 (3/10ths of one cent) off spot rate anyways so it's non-punative if you know what you are doing. ($300 exchange cost on $100,000).

Don't let the price being in USD distract you from the listing. Now back to the listing -- very nice PAC NW boat. GLWS.

Thanks BCI, great explanation and for the most part pertinent to my situation. I do live in Sooke but also work in the US and commute a few times a month South. I bought the boat at the Port Alberni Boat House two years ago and registered it in the US with anticipation of moving South on a more permanent basis. The boat spends its time in Sooke for the summer and WA for the winter. Many of you may have seen this boat fishing frequently between Sheringham and Otter Point, American registration with a Canuck flag. I am also listing this boat for sale in Seattle as well. At the moment I am in Tacoma and the Marina is removing the boat from storage and launching it for me shortly. So the boat will be available for viewing in Sooke after today.

P.S. anyone interested in a choice outside berth at Sooke Harbour marina? I just renewed a few weeks ago for the year, I never imagined the restrictions would be even greater than discussed and I thought I could live with what was proposed.

To bad Mike, remember to let me know your schedule and you can come mooching on the Heavy Hauler in Renfrew!!

Back